||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Christianne Marie Klein
Redlands, California, California, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Wellesley College|
Christianne Marie Klein-Machado (born March 12) is an American Emmy award-winning television news anchor, Edward R. Murrow award-winning journalist, lifestyle author, television personality, and former anchor and correspondent for ABC News. While at ABC, she operated in both New York, NY and Washington DC. In New York she anchored breaking news coverage for the network and contributed to ABC's network programs including Good Morning America. She also frequently anchored the ABC News programs World News Now, and America This Morning. In Washington DC, Christianne was part of the team that covered the 2008 Presidential election for the network and its affiliates. Klein is one of the few anchors in the country that can claim an impressive statistic: she has helped increase ratings for every newscast she's anchored in every market. In some cases, the jump was more than 30% in less than 6 months.
Christianne is the president of Truth Fairy TV Media Group- a multimedia production company devoted to health, beauty and inspiration. Called "The Herb Queen" by Good Day Sacramento, she released her first food and beauty cookbook, Christianne's Herbal Kitchen: Fresh Herb Recipes for Body and Soul in November 2011. Interest in her natural beauty recipes led to her natural, vegan, eco-friendly, anti-aging, and essential oil based skin care and cosmetic line, Christianne's Natural Beauty. She is also a global Ambassador for HealthCorps, a non-profit organization founded by Dr. Mehmet Oz and his wife, Lisa, to combat the childhood obesity epidemic.
Prior to ABC News, she worked as an anchor and reporter for ABC-7/WJLA-TV in Washington, DC, USA. She is a California native and has worked as the main anchor for KNVN in Chico, California and a weekday anchor for KUTV Channel 2 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She has reported on stories such as the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping and the murder of Lori Hacking.
She appeared as news reporter Linda Garvey in the 2006 movie, American Dreamz  and was a panelist on the late night talk show "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher". Prior to and during her news career, Klein was a stage performer specializing in comedies, musical theater and Shakespeare. Her performance as Amanda in "Moon Over the Brewery" earned her a SARTA Elly nomination for Best Actress in a Comedy.
Named by College Times as one of the "15 hottest female news anchors", she has been described (by Rev. Gus Wagster of Chico News and Review, Chico, CA.) as "Marilyn, Madonna and Mansfield all rolled into one".
Christianne is the granddaughter of Helene Machado, a member of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League and also, a member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Christianne is a graduate of Wellesley College in Wellesley, MA with a degree in Political Science and she is a lifetime member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Template:Cite weblurl=http://nataspsw.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Nomination-List 2017 Final.pdf
- "The Woman Behind a Healthy Cookbook You’ll Want for the Holidays | Shecky's". Sheckys.com. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Janice Taylor, Editor (2011-11-04). "Dysfunctional Chef: Broiled Salmon with Mango Jalapeno Mint Salsa – Our Lady of Weight Loss". Blog.beliefnet.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "ABC Medianet". ABC Medianet. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "Cheese Souffle at New York's Payard Bistro Recipe – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Lisa (2011-11-15). "Show Information – Nov. 15, 2011 « Good Day Sacramento". Gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Brian on July 6, 2006 4:27 PM (2006-07-06). "Christianne Klein Joins ABC Overnight Team – TVNewser". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "ABC News Taps New Anchor – 2006-07-06 11:29:00 | Broadcasting & Cable". Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "Politically Incorrect: Alec Baldwin, Christianne Klein, Frank Bruni Episode Summary". TV.com. 2002-03-14. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Tupper, Katrina (2011-08-01). "Q&A: The Great American Trailer Park Musical Brings Adult Humor to Fair Oaks – Fair Oaks, CA Patch". Fairoaks.patch.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "CN&R > Local Stories > Downstroke > 07.20.06". Newsreview.com. Retrieved 2011-11-21.