Christianus Cornelius Uhlenbeck
Christianus Cornelius Uhlenbeck (Voorburg, the Netherlands, 18 October 1866 – Lugano, Switzerland, 12 August 1951) was a Dutch linguist and anthropologist with a wide variety of research interests. His published work included books and articles on Germanic and Balto-Slavic languages, Sanskrit, Basque, and the Blackfoot language of North American Indians. He served as a lecturer at Leiden University.
In the summer of 1911, Dr. C.C. Uhlenbeck visited the Blackfoot Indian reservation in Montana to conduct field work. He was accompanied by his wife, Wilhelmina Maria Uhlenbeck, whose diary was later incorporated into their book about this expedition.
- Uhlenbeck, C.C. A Concise Blackfoot Grammar Based on Material from the Southern Peigans, New York: AMS, 1978. (Originally published 1938 by Hollandsche Uitgevers-Maatschappij, Amsterdam, in series Verhandelingen der Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam, Afdeeling Letterkunde. Nieuwe Reeks, Deel XLI) OCLC: 3097417
- Uhlenbeck, C.C. An English-Blackfoot Vocabulary, New York: AMS, 1979. (Originally published 1930 in series: Verhandelingen der Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam, Afd. Letterkunde, Nieuwe Reeks, Deel 29, No. 4) ISBN 0-404-15796-3
- Uhlenbeck, C.C. and R.H. van Gulik. A Blackfoot-English Vocabulary Based on Material from the Southern Peigans, Amsterdam: Uitgave van de N.V. Noord-Hollandsche Uitgevers-Jaatschapp-ij, 1934. (Verhandelingen der Koninklijke Akademie Van WetenSchappen te Amsterdam. Afdeeling Letterkunde, Nieuwe Reeks, Deel XXXIII, No. 2)
- Wilhelmina Maria Uhlenbeck-Melchior. Montana 1911 : a professor and his wife among the Blackfeet : Wilhelmina Maria Uhlenbeck-Melchior's diary and C. C. Uhlenbeck's original Blackfoot texts and a new series of Blackfoot texts (2005 ed.). Calgary: University of Calgary Press. ISBN 9780803218284.
- "Christianus Cornelis Uhlenbeck (1866 - 1951)". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "Montana 1911", by Wilhelmina Maria Uhlenbeck-Melchior, Christianus Cornelius Uhlenbeck, Mary Eggermont-Molenaar. Partial text on Google Books. This is the English translation published by University of Calgary Press, 2005. ISBN 1-55238-114-5.
|This article on a Dutch linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|