Christie Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Richard Pootmans|
|• Total||1.1 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,210 m (3,970 ft)|
|• Average Income||$102,664|
|Website||Christie Park Community Association|
Christie Park is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Strathcona Drive and the community of Strathcona Park to the north, Sarcee Trail to the east, 17 Avenue S to the south and 69 Street W to the west.
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1956 from the Municipal District of Rocky View. Christie Park was established as a neighbourhood in 1990. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 6 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $102,664 in 2000, and there were 8.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 19.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 5.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 4.8% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Olympic Heights Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Christie Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.
||Aspen Woods||Strathcona Park||Westgate|
|Springbank Hill||Signal Hill||Glendale|