October 24, 1969 |
Alexandria, Virginia, U.S.
Chambers was born in Alexandria, Virginia, into a family of academics, both parents holding doctorates (her father's in physics and her mother's in mathematics). She is the next-to-youngest of four siblings. Christina admits to being a tomboy at heart, and has never been very interested in her appearance. Her mother informed her at the age of six when she made her first acting debut that she looked petrified. However, Christina says she always knew that she'd become an actress.
She studied Shakespeare at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. and spent a semester in Stratford on Avon studying with the Royal Shakespeare Company, where she played the character Goneril in King Lear. After joining the Shenandoah Shakespeare Express she went on tour and played Juliet in Romeo & Juliet.
After leaving the tour, while in New York City, that she took the big step away from Shakespeare. Chambers was spotted by a New York commercial agency who quickly signed her up, and by pure accident ended up signing with a New York modeling agent too. However, it wasn't until she met her acting agent Peter (who has agencies in New York and Los Angeles) during a New York showcase that her acting career started to accelerate.
In 2001 Chambers was cast on MTV's first and only soap opera Spyder Games. She played the role of the devious Taylor Jones, who ended being the killer in the murder mystery that carried the show from start to end.
In summer 2004, Chambers was the recast after Lesli Kay left the role of Molly Conlan on As the World Turns. She departed soon after her storyline ended. Also, in 2004, she portrayed actress Jaclyn Smith in Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie's Angels.
In November 2006, took over the role of Marty Saybrooke (previously played by Susan Haskell) on One Life to Live. In September 2007, it was announced that Chambers was let go from OLTL after only a year with the soap; she last aired December 4, 2007. Marty's original portrayer, Haskell returned in June 2008.
- Life 101 (1995), as Linda
- Sunset Beach (1998–1999), as Maria Torres (contract role)
- Scam (2001), as Laura
- Spyder Games (2001), as Taylor
- As the World Turns (2004), as Molly Conlan McKinnon (#2)
- Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie's Angels (2004), as Jaclyn Smith
- Fighting Tommy Riley (2005), as Stephanie
- One Life to Live (2006–2007), as Marty Saybrooke (#2)
- Cane (TV series) (2007)
- Brian Lowry (March 7, 2004). "Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of "Charlie's Angels"". Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Alessandra Stanley (March 8, 2004). "TELEVISION REVIEW; Back to the 70's of Sultry Crime Fighters and Network Titans". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Dan J. Kroll (September 23, 2007). "Christina Chambers out. Will Marty be recast?". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Abby West (June 12, 2008). "Soap Watch: Susan Haskell on OLTL return". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2017-05-01.