ca 1983 (age 31–32)
Enfield, London, England
|Agent||Piers Nimmo Management|
Christina Chong (born ca 1983) is an English actress who has appeared in TV series including Monroe, Line of Duty, Halo: Nightfall, and 24: Live Another Day. In July 2014 she was cast in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Early life and education
Chong was born in Enfield as the daughter of a Chinese chef and an English mother and first raised together with her five siblings in Broxbourne (Hertfordshire) north of London. Later, after the separation of her parents, she moved with her mother and siblings to Longridge (Lancashire), her mother's hometown. According to her own recollection, she and her siblings were the only mixed race kids in the local school there. Chong started dancing at the age of four and attended the Sutcliffe School of Dance in Longridge. Aged 14, she gained a place at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London, graduating five years later. After graduation she got a role in Elton John's musical Aida being performed in Berlin (Germany). However an injury cut short her career in musical theater and she turned to acting, training at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York for 18 months. After her return to London she had initially difficulties to find work as an actor, acting only in a few small supporting roles and commercials. To support herself she gave acting lessons at schools and held a part-ownership of her father's Chinese restaurant in Harpenden (Hertfordshire).
Life and career
In 2011 Chong made her breakthrough with supporting roles in the movies W.E. and Johnny English Reborn and TV appearances in a Doctor Who episode and as a regular cast member in the medical series Monroe. In the next 3 years she appeared as regular or guest in a number of different English and American TV series.
In 2015 she joined the SyFy cable network series Dominion for its second season, where she has a recurring role as Zoe Holloway, a member of Vega’s Archangel Corps, who becomes the leader of the rebellion of the city's lower classes.
- Chemical Wedding (2008)
- Freakdog (2008)
- Legacy (2010)
- Doctor Who (episode 7, "A Good Man Goes to War") (2011)
- W.E. (2011)
- Johnny English Reborn (2011)
- Monroe (Series 2) (2011/12)
- Whitechapel (two episodes) (2012)
- Case Sensitive (two parts) (2012)
- Black Mirror ("The Waldo Moment") (2013)
- The Wrong Mans (TV series) (2013)
- Line of Duty (TV series) (Series 2) (2014)
- Halo: Nightfall (five episodes) (2014)
- 24: Live Another Day (2014)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Dominion (TV series) (2015)
- Susannah Butter:May the force be with her: Christina Chong on why joining Star Wars has been such an incredible adventure. London Evening Standard, 3 November 2014
- Christina’s acting star is rising auf longridgenews.co.uk am 11 August 2011
- Justin Knoll: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Casts Christina Chong. Variety, 17 July 2014
- "Cast for Syfy’s Dominion Expands in Season 2". Dread Central. 2015. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Christina Chong at the Internet Movie Database
- Christina Chong ('Doctor Who') interview
- Interview about her roles in Doctor Who and Monroe (Red Carpet TV, 8 mins)