Cole in September 2010
8 May 1982 |
|Alma mater||Oxford School of Drama|
Born in London, Cole is the eldest of three siblings. She has a younger sister, Cassandra, and a brother, Dominic. Her mother is a telecentre manager and her father is a driving instructor. Cole trained at the Oxford School of Drama, graduating in 2002.
Cole won the role of Clarissa Payne in What a Girl Wants (2003), featuring Colin Firth and Amanda Bynes, while still at drama school. She graduated early to begin filming. She was then cast as Juliet in a production of Romeo and Juliet at Clwyd Theatr Cymru.
Cole's first lead role was that of Cassie Hughes in Hex. She portrayed Cassie for the whole of the first season and the first three episodes of the second. Upon her departure, the character was killed off. Co-star Jemima Rooper has stated that the reason for Cole's exit from the series was that she wanted to move on.
After leaving Hex, Cole went on to appear as Blanche Ingram in the critically acclaimed BBC television serial Jane Eyre and guest starred as Lilith in the Doctor Who episode "The Shakespeare Code". She provided an audio commentary for the episode on the DVD release of the series' third series alongside David Tennant.
Other roles include a small part in the James Bond film Casino Royale (2006), as the receptionist at the Ocean Club Hotel in Nassau, Bahamas, and Diana Mann in the pilot episode of Cane, Cole's first appearance on American television. She has also appeared as Mel on the ITV sitcom Sold, as Jenny Walker in The Deaths of Ian Stone (2007), and as Charlotte Warren in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008).
In 2009, Cole played Dr. Sarah King in Poirot: Appointment with Death, and was cast in the lead role of Maggie Hill, a brilliant surgeon who endures adult-onset schizophrenia, in a pilot for Fox. She also starred in the films Surviving Evil (2009) alongside Natalie Mendoza and Billy Zane, and Doghouse (2009), with Danny Dyer and Billy Murray. Cole stars in the upcoming noir science fiction action thriller film The Scribbler which is directed by Jake West.
In 2012, Cole appeared in a music video for Cheyenne Jackson's Before You.
In 2015, Cole portrayed Dr. Agard in several episodes of the USA Network series Suits and made a one episode appearance in the NBC series The Blacklist. The same year she also portrayed Mrs. Sprot in the BBC's Partners in Crime series, in two episodes adapting Agatha Christie's N or M?.
|2003||What a Girl Wants||Clarissa Payne|
|2006||Casino Royale||Ocean Club Receptionist|
|2007||The Deaths of Ian Stone||Jenny Walker|
|2008||Surviving Evil||Phoebe Drake|
|2008||Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day||Charlotte Warren|
|2015||Jupiter Ascending||Gemma Chatterjee|
|2002||The Project||Lizzie||Television film|
|2003||Foyle's War||Violet Davies||Episode: "Among the Few"|
|2003||All About Me||Sarah||2 episodes|
|2004||He Knew He Was Right||Nora Rowley||4 episodes|
|2004||Agatha Christie's Marple||Lettice Protheroe||Episode: "The Murder at the Vicarage"|
|2004–05||Hex||Cassie Hughes||Lead role, 9 episodes|
|2005||A Most Mysterious Murder||Rose Harsent||Television film|
|2006||Jane Eyre||Blanche Ingram||4 episodes|
|2007||Doctor Who||Lilith||Episode: "The Shakespeare Code"|
|2007||Sea of Souls||Rebecca Muir||2 episodes|
|2007||Cane||Diana Mann||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2007||Comedy Showcase: Ladies and Gentlemen||Elizabeth||Television film|
|2008||Lost in Austen||Caroline Bingley||4 episodes|
|2008||Agatha Christie's Poirot||Sarah King||Episode: "Appointment with Death"|
|2009||Maggie Hill||Maggie Hill||Unsold TV pilot|
|2009||Emma||Mrs Elton||2 episodes|
|2010||Human Target||Princess Victoria of Wales||Episode: "Victoria"|
|2010||Midsomer Murders||Sarah Sharp||Episode: "The Silent Land"|
|2011||CHAOS||Adele Ferrer||Main role, 13 episodes|
|2011||Breakout Kings||Lilah Tompkins||Episode: "Queen of Hearts"|
|2011||Lewis||Claire Gansa||Episode: "The Mind Has Mountains"|
|2013||Silent Witness||Janice Masters||2 episodes|
|2014||The Assets||Louisa||8 episodes|
|2014||Rosemary's Baby||Julie||2 episodes|
|2015||Suits||Dr. Paula Agard||Recurring role|
|2015||Partners in Crime||Mrs. Sprot||2 episodes ("N or M?" Parts 1 & 2)|
|2015||New Tricks||Carmen Creswell||Episode: "The Russian Cousin"|
|2015||The Blacklist||The Djinn||Episode: "The Djinn"|
- Romeo and Juliet, Theatr Clwyd, October 2002 to November 2002 (playing Juliet)
- The Tempest, Pegasus Theatre, February 2003 (role unknown)
- The Lightning Play, Almeida Theatre, November 2006 to January 2007 (playing Tabby Morris)
- The End of Longing, Playhouse Theatre, February 2016 to May 2016 (playing Stevie)
- Demetriou, Danielle. "Unknown to star with Darcy". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- He Knew He Was Right Press Pack BBC Press Office. 2004-03-30
- Foyle's War "Among The Few" Publicity Release
- Virginia Heffernan (1 July 2007). "Witchy Girls on a Mission: The Dark Side of Cliques". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- "Hew Factor". Northern Echo. 15 October 2005. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Doctor Who – The Complete Third Series (2007)
- The Stage / News / ITV launches estate agents-based comedy
- ITV | Period Drama | Lost in Austen
- "ITV: Agatha Christie's Poirot: Appointment With Death". A2MediaGroup. 24 May 2008. Archived from the original on 7 June 2008.
- Shows A-Z – maggie hill on fox | TheFutonCritic.com
- Andreeva, Nellie (26 February 2009). "Christina Cole set to star in Fox drama pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. p. 6. Archived from the original on 1 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-04.
- First Art and Cast for Jake West's 'The Scribbler'
- Romeo and Juliet, Directory of Performance Listings | Arts Archive
- The Tempest, Directory of Performance Listings | Arts Archive
- The Stage / Reviews / The Lightning Play
- The Guardian / Reviews / The End of Longing
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christina Cole.|