Christina El Moussa
Anstead in 2018
Christina Meursinge Haack
July 9, 1983
Anaheim, California, U.S.
|Other names||Christina Haack|
(m. 2009; div. 2018)
(m. 2018; sep. 2020)
|Children||3: Taylor El Moussa, Brayden El Moussa and Hudson Anstead|
Christina Anstead (formerly El Moussa; born July 9, 1983) is an American real estate investor and TV personality. She co-starred on HGTV's show Flip or Flop alongside her ex-husband Tarek El Moussa and currently has her own HGTV show Christina on the Coast.
Anstead was born Christina Meursinge Haack in Orange County, California. She has a sister, Carly, who is ten years younger. She went to school in southern California and began working in the real estate industry after college, where she met her future husband and business partner, Tarek El Moussa.
Anstead ran the real-estate agency Tarek and Christina: The El Moussa Group with her first husband Tarek in Orange County, California. In 2010, the El Moussas, along with their business partner Pete De Best, bought their first investment property in Santa Ana, California for $115,000, selling the property for a profit of $34,000. The trio continued to flip houses, expanding their real-estate investing business into Arizona and Nevada.
The El Moussa Group was dissolved in 2018. The business is now owned by Tarek and Associates, a sole venture of Tarek El Moussa.
The husband-and-wife team sold real estate in the southern California area. When the housing market plummeted after the October 2008 stock market crash, their real estate business suffered. Christina and Tarek went from living in a $6,000-per-month house to a $700-per-month apartment in just a few years.
One day in 2011, on a spontaneous whim, Tarek asked a friend to help him make an audition tape for HGTV. The friend filmed an entire episode of the process of house flipping from start to finish. The audition tape of the flip was sent to a production company without anyone believing that it would be of much interest to them, but the production company, Pie Town Productions, loved it. HGTV producers had also noticed the couple's Instagram profile, which featured before and after profiles of many of the renovation projects they had undertaken.
In 2012, HGTV signed the couple to a regular weekly program that featured the ins and outs of flipping a house, as well as a look at their family life. In a 2014 interview, Anstead said, "Each episode shows things that can go wrong, and do go wrong". In April 2013, Flip Or Flop finally hit the small screen on the network.
In June 2018, it was announced that Anstead would be receiving her own spinoff show, Christina on the Coast. The first episode of season 1 focused on Anstead renovating her new post-divorce home, with the remaining seven episodes focusing on her renovating other people's homes. Filming began in fall 2018, for a spring 2019 premiere. The show's second season premiered on January 2, 2020 on HGTV.
In 2017, Anstead presented at the Daytime Emmys.
In March 2020, Anstead released a book, The Wellness Remodel, with certified nutritionist Cara Clark.
On July 14, 2020, Anstead announced she will be partnering with Spectra Furniture to create a furniture line for the brand. The new line, Christina Home Designs, will debut in October 2020.
Marriage to Tarek El Moussa
Christina and Tarek were married in 2009. Their daughter Taylor was born in 2010 and their son Brayden was born in 2015.
In 2013, Tarek was diagnosed with both thyroid and testicular cancer. When doctors recommended radiation treatment, the couple decided to bank Tarek's sperm and try in-vitro fertilization to have a second child. The first attempt failed and Christina suffered a miscarriage on the second try. She became pregnant with their son in 2015.
After having her second baby, Christina was back to work on Flip or Flop within four weeks. She began to feel overwhelmed and the tension between the couple escalated. “We weren’t able to properly communicate anymore,” she said. “It got to the point where we weren’t even driving to set together.”
In May 2016, the couple separated after an incident at their Southern California home. Tarek was found by the police, and maintained that he was never suicidal and had simply gone for a hike, taking a gun to protect himself from wild animals.
Following the incident, Christina stated that "being separated was healthier for both of us". Tarek and Christina filed for divorce in 2017 and the divorce was finalized in January 2018. They continue to co-parent their children.
Marriage to Ant Anstead
In November 2017 she began dating English television presenter Ant Anstead. On December 22, 2018, she married Anstead at their Newport Beach, California home and officially changed her name to Christina Anstead, dropping the last name of her first ex-husband. The couple's only child together, Hudson London Anstead, was born on September 6, 2019. They announced their separation on September 18, 2020.
- "Christina El Moussa Biography, Celebrity Facts and Awards". TV Guide.
- "Christina Anstead Bio". HGTV. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- Murtaugh, Taysha (May 23, 2018). "Why Did Christina and Tarek El Moussa Get Divorced? It has been alleged that Christina was involved with several contractors who were on the flip or flop show". Country Living. Hearst. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- "Birth of Christina Meursinge Haack". California Birth Index. California Vital Statistics. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "things-didnt-know-christina-el-moussa". The List.com. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Instagram". Instagram. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Horch, A. J. (2019-08-27). "House-flipping tips from HGTV's real estate pro Tarek El Moussa". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- "Local couple star in HGTV reality show on flipping houses". The Orange County Register.
- What Tarek El Moussa's New Solo Venture Means for Flip or Flop https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/tarek-el-moussa-new-business-flip-or-flop/
- "Flip or Flop: Tarek and Christina El Moussa". youtube.com.
- "10 Surprising Facts About Tarek And Christina El Moussa From HGTV's 'Flip Or Flop'". Elle Decor. Hearst Communications.
- "Tarek and Christina El Moussa Net Worth 2017 – How Rich Are The Flip or Flop Couple?". gazettereview.co/. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Tarek & Christina El Moussa Make The Decision To 'Flip Or Flop'". MyFoxLA.com.
- Hendrickson, Paula (October 14, 2014). "HGTV's Stars Boast Real Expertise in Their Fields". Variety.com.
- "Christina El Moussa Getting Her Own HGTV Series". 27 June 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Flip or Flop's Christina El Moussa to Star in New HGTV Series: 'I'm Excited to Do My Own Thing'". Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Buh-Bye, Tarek! Christina El Moussa Has Been Spotted Filming Her Solo HGTV Show". 9 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Christina El Moussa on Instagram: "I'm so excited to announce my new series on HGTV called Christina on the Coast, which will debut in early 2019! I will be helping…"". Instagram. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Petski, Denise (2019-08-14). "'Christina On The Coast' Renewed For Season 2 By HGTV". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- Gulino, Elizabeth; Barrientos, Selena; Garcia, Isabel (2020-03-03). "Christina Anstead Shares Her Health Journey in New Wellness Book". House Beautiful. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Christina Anstead of HGTV Debuts New Christina Home Designs Collection for Spectra Home". Furniture World Magazine. Retrieved 2020-07-14.
- Mead, Taylor (2019-03-18). "Tarek El Moussa's Message to His Kids After Learning He's Cancer Free Will Make You Tear Up". House Beautiful. Retrieved 2019-09-04.
- "Flip or Flop Host Tarek El Moussa Battling Thyroid Cancer". People Magazine. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "Christina El Moussa Admits Cancer, Infertility and the Pressures of Fame Led to 'Tension' in Her Marriage". People. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Flip or Flop's Christina El Moussa on the Terrifying Day She Decided to Leave Tarek". People. February 22, 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Strohm, Emily; Corinthios, Aurelie (January 22, 2018). "Flip or Flop's Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Divorce". People. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Cohen, Jess (January 22, 2018). "Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Their Divorce". E!News. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "How Christina El Moussa Found Love With Boyfriend Ant Anstead Following Her Divorce From Tarek". January 3, 2019.
- "Christina El Moussa Is Married! Inside Her Secret 'Winter Wonderland' Wedding to Ant Anstead". PEOPLE.com. December 22, 2018.
- "Christina Anstead and Husband Ant Anstead Welcome Son Hudson London: 'Simply Perfect'". PEOPLE.com. September 6, 2019.
- "Christina Anstead and Husband Ant Split After Less Than 2 Years of Marriage: 'Our Children Will Remain Our Priority'". PEOPLE.com. September 18, 2020.
- "HGTV's Flip or Flop | Show | HGTV". hgtv.com. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "Local couple star in HGTV reality show on flipping houses". The Orange County Register. California.