Christina Meursinge Haack
July 9, 1983
Anaheim, California, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Joshua Hall (2021–present; engaged)|
Christina Meursinge Haack (formerly El Moussa and Anstead; born July 9, 1983) is an American real estate investor and TV personality. She co-stars on HGTV's show Flip or Flop alongside her ex-husband Tarek El Moussa and currently has her own HGTV show Christina on the Coast.
Haack was born Christina Meursinge Haack in Anaheim, California. She has a sister, Carly, who is ten years younger. She went to school in southern California and began working in the real estate industry after college, where she met future husband (now ex-husband) and business partner, Tarek El Moussa.
Haack ran the real-estate agency Tarek and Christina: The El Moussa Group with her first husband Tarek in Orange County, California. The husband-and-wife team sold real estate in the southern California area. When the housing market plummeted after the October 2008 stock market crash, their real estate business suffered. The El Moussas went from living in a $6,000-per-month house to a $700-per-month apartment in just a few years.
In 2010, the El Moussas, along with their business partner Pete De Best, bought their first investment property in Santa Ana, California for $115,000, selling the property for a profit of $34,000. The trio continued to flip houses, expanding their real-estate investing business into Arizona and Nevada.
The El Moussa Group was dissolved in 2018. The business is now owned by Tarek and Associates, a sole venture of Tarek El Moussa.
In 2011, Tarek El Moussa asked a friend to help him make an audition tape for HGTV. Pie Town Productions expressed interest in the tape. HGTV producers had also noticed the couple's Instagram profile, which featured before and after profiles of several renovation projects.
In 2012, HGTV signed the couple to produce a show for the network. In April 2013, Flip Or Flop debuted on the network. In a 2014 interview, Haack said, "Each episode shows things that can go wrong, and do go wrong". In April 2013, Flip Or Flop finally hit the small screen on the network.
In June 2018, it was announced that Haack would be featured in her own spinoff show, Christina on the Coast. The first episode of season 1 focused on Haack renovating her new post-divorce home, with the remaining seven episodes focusing on her renovating other people's homes. Filming began in fall 2018, for a spring 2019 premiere. The show's second season premiered on January 2, 2020, on HGTV.
In 2017, Haack presented at the Daytime Emmys.
In March 2020, Haack released a book, The Wellness Remodel, with certified nutritionist Cara Clark.
On July 14, 2020, Haack announced she will be partnering with Spectra Furniture to create a furniture line for the brand. The new line, Christina HOME, debuted in October 2020. In November 2021, Haack created a luxury vinyl flooring line, The Christina Collection, that features 21 different colors and styles.
Marriage to Tarek El Moussa
Christina and Tarek were married in 2009. Their daughter Taylor was born in 2010 and their son Brayden was born in 2015.
In 2013, Tarek was diagnosed with both thyroid and testicular cancer. When doctors recommended radiation treatment, the couple decided to bank Tarek's sperm and try in-vitro fertilization to have a second child. The first attempt failed and Christina suffered a miscarriage on the second try. She became pregnant with their son in 2015.
After having her second baby, Christina was back to work on Flip or Flop within four weeks. She began to feel overwhelmed and the tension between the couple escalated. "We weren't able to properly communicate anymore," she said. "It got to the point where we weren't even driving to set together."
In May 2016, the couple separated after an incident at their Southern California home. Tarek was found by the police on a nearby hiking trail and was in possession of a handgun. He maintained he was never suicidal and had simply gone for a hike, taking a gun to protect himself from wild animals.
Marriage to Ant Anstead
In November 2017 she began dating English television presenter Ant Anstead. On December 22, 2018, she married Anstead at their Newport Beach, California home and officially changed her name to Christina Anstead, dropping the last name of her first husband. The couple's only child together, Hudson London Anstead, was born on September 6, 2019. They announced their separation on September 18, 2020, and she filed for divorce in November. She also reverted to her maiden name of Christina Haack, dropping the last name of her second husband. The divorce was finalized in June 2021.
|2013–present||Flip or Flop||Co-Host|
|2013–14||Brother vs. Brother||Judge||7 episodes|
|2015||Flip or Flop Follow-Up||Host||3 episodes|
|2019||Buddy vs. Duff||Special Guest|
|2019–21||Christina on the Coast||Host||24 episodes|
|2021||Christina: Stronger by Design||4 episodes|
- "Christina El Moussa Biography, Celebrity Facts and Awards". TV Guide.
- "Christina Anstead: Things You Didn't Know About The HGTV Star". The List.com. January 14, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Instagram". Instagram. May 15, 2015. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Christina Anstead Bio". HGTV. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- "Flip or Flop: Tarek and Christina El Moussa". youtube.com.
- "10 Surprising Facts About Tarek And Christina El Moussa From HGTV's 'Flip Or Flop'". Elle Decor. Hearst Communications. December 12, 2016.
- Horch, A. J. (August 27, 2019). "House-flipping tips from HGTV's real estate pro Tarek El Moussa". CNBC. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "Local couple star in HGTV reality show on flipping houses". The Orange County Register. April 4, 2013.
- What Tarek El Moussa's New Solo Venture Means for Flip or Flop https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/tarek-el-moussa-new-business-flip-or-flop/
- "Tarek and Christina El Moussa Net Worth 2017 – How Rich Are The Flip or Flop Couple?". gazettereview.co/. April 20, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Tarek & Christina El Moussa Make The Decision To 'Flip Or Flop'". MyFoxLA.com. December 16, 2021.
- Hendrickson, Paula (October 14, 2014). "HGTV's Stars Boast Real Expertise in Their Fields". Variety.com.
- "Christina El Moussa Getting Her Own HGTV Series". June 27, 2018. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Flip or Flop's Christina El Moussa to Star in New HGTV Series: 'I'm Excited to Do My Own Thing'". Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Buh-Bye, Tarek! Christina El Moussa Has Been Spotted Filming Her Solo HGTV Show". October 9, 2018. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Christina El Moussa on Instagram: "I'm so excited to announce my new series on HGTV called Christina on the Coast, which will debut in early 2019! I will be helping..."". Instagram. Archived from the original on December 24, 2021. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (August 14, 2019). "'Christina On The Coast' Renewed For Season 2 By HGTV". Deadline. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- Gulino, Elizabeth; Barrientos, Selena; Garcia, Isabel (March 3, 2020). "Christina Anstead Shares Her Health Journey in New Wellness Book". House Beautiful (in American English). Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Christina Anstead of HGTV Debuts New Christina Home Designs Collection for Spectra Home". Furniture World Magazine. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "Christina Collection - Waterproof Flooring". Christina Collection. Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- Strohm, Emily (November 22, 2021). "Christina Haack Debuts New 'Budget Friendly' Line of Flooring: 'It Makes or Breaks the Home'". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- "Tarek El Moussa Mocks 'Flip or Flop' Magazine Coverage: 'So Heartbroken'" (in American English). Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- Mead, Taylor; Allen, Kelly; Corbett, Kelly (July 16, 2021). "A Complete Timeline of Christina Haack and Ant Anstead's Relationship". House Beautiful (in American English). Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- Picard, Caroline; Garrity, Amanda (February 20, 2020). "Tarek El Moussa Admits He "Hit Rock Bottom" Following Divorce from 'Flip or Flop' Costar Christina". Good Housekeeping (in American English). Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- "HGTV stars get their own collectible covers, the New York Post obsesses about AOC, Conde Nast diversifies: Publisher's Brief". Ad Age. May 7, 2019. Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- Strohm, Emily (July 2, 2018). "Christina El Moussa Opens Up About Her Painful Divorce". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- Chubb, Hannah; Strohm, Emily (July 6, 2021). "Christina Haack Has New Love Interest After Ant Anstead Divorce: 'An Immediate Real Connection'". people.com. Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- Chubb, Hannah (September 20, 2021). "Who Is Christina Haack's New Fiance? What to Know About Realtor Joshua Hall". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- Strohm, Emily (November 23, 2021). "Christina Haack Says 'I'm the Best Version of Myself' with Fiancé Josh Hall". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- Cho, Diane J. (September 20, 2021). "'My Ride or Die': A Look at Christina Haack & Joshua Hall's Whirlwind Romance". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- "Tarek and Christina". Arab America. Retrieved August 9, 2021.
- Mead, Taylor (March 18, 2019). "Tarek El Moussa's Message to His Kids After Learning He's Cancer Free Will Make You Tear Up". House Beautiful (in American English). Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- "Flip or Flop Host Tarek El Moussa Battling Thyroid Cancer". People Magazine. September 10, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Christina El Moussa Admits Cancer, Infertility and the Pressures of Fame Led to 'Tension' in Her Marriage". People. February 23, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- Corinthios, Aurelie (December 12, 2016). "Tarek and Christina el Moussa Split: Details of Alarming Gun Incident Emerge". People.
- "Flip or Flop's Christina El Moussa on the Terrifying Day She Decided to Leave Tarek". People. February 22, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- Strohm, Emily; Corinthios, Aurelie (January 22, 2018). "Flip or Flop's Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Divorce". People. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Cohen, Jess (January 22, 2018). "Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Their Divorce". E! News. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "How Christina El Moussa Found Love With Boyfriend Ant Anstead Following Her Divorce From Tarek". January 3, 2019.
- "Christina El Moussa Is Married! Inside Her Secret 'Winter Wonderland' Wedding to Ant Anstead". PEOPLE.com. December 22, 2018.
- "Christina Anstead and Husband Ant Anstead Welcome Son Hudson London: 'Simply Perfect'". PEOPLE.com (in English). September 6, 2019.
- "Christina Anstead and Husband Ant Split After Less Than 2 Years of Marriage: 'Our Children Will Remain Our Priority'". PEOPLE.com (in English). September 18, 2020.
- "Christina Anstead Reverts to Her Maiden Name on Instagram amid Divorce from Ant Anstead". People. Retrieved March 16, 2021.
- Haneline, Amy (June 22, 2021). "HGTV's Christina Haack, Ant Anstead finalize divorce 9 months after separating and began the hunt for new meat". USA Today. Retrieved July 20, 2021.