Christina El Moussa
|Christina El Moussa|
Christina Meursinge Haack|
July 9, 1983
Anaheim, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Real Estate Investor, TV Host|
|Television||Co-Star of HGTV's Flip or Flop|
Tarek El Moussa
(m. 2009; div. 2018)
Christina Meursinge El Moussa (née Haack; born July 9, 1983) is an American real estate investor and TV personality. She co-stars on HGTV's show Flip or Flop alongside her ex-husband Tarek El Moussa. She has become successful at a real estate investment strategy called "house flipping". Flip or Flop shows the couple's ups and downs of their house flipping business and bits of their personal lives.
El Moussa was born Christina Meursinge Haack in Anaheim, California and grew up in Anaheim Hills. El Moussa went to school in southern California and began working in the real estate industry right after college. There she met her ex-husband and co-host, Tarek El Moussa.
The former couple ran a real-estate agency, called Tarek and Christina: The El Moussa Group, in Orange County, CA, an area with one of the largest foreclosure rates in the country. The El Moussas and their business partner, Pete De Best, bought their first investment house in Santa Ana for $115,000. After selling the property for a profit of $34,000, the trio split the money and have continued to flip houses, expanding their real estate investing business into Arizona and Nevada. After their divorce, The El Moussa Group was dissolved, now running under the name Tarek and Associates, which is a venture with the sole involvement of Tarek. 
Flip or Flop
The husband and wife team sold real estate in the southern California area. When the housing market plummeted after the October 2008 stock market crash, their real estate business began to suffer. El Moussa and her husband went from living in a $6,000 per month home to a $700 per month apartment within just a few years. 
One day in 2011, on a spontaneous whim, her husband asked a friend to help him make an audition tape for HGTV. The friend filmed an entire episode of the process of house flipping from start to finish. The audition tape of the flip was sent to a production company without anyone really believing that it would be of much interest to them, but instead, the production company, Pie Town Productions, loved it. HGTV producers had also noticed the couple’s Instagram profile, which featured before and after profiles of many of the renovation projects they had undertaken.
In 2012, HGTV signed the couple to a regular weekly program that shows the process of buying distressed property and renovating it. In an interview for Variety Magazine, El Moussa said: "Each episode shows things that can go wrong, and do go wrong". In April 2013 Flip Or Flop finally hit the small screen on the network.
El Moussa’s real estate expertise is primarily in design and she works with Tarek to find and renovate homes. She handles the designs of the new spaces and keeps everything on schedule. El Moussa has co-starred in 87 episodes of Flip or Flop through 2013-2017.
The show's 7th season was rumored to be cancelled because of the divorce. The couple confirmed the 7th season of Flip or Flop will be aired with both parties agreeing to continue co-starring together.
Real Estate Training Workshops
The couple leads Success Path Education, a real estate investment seminar series held at locations across North America for aspiring investors. During these workshops, the couple explains the entire process of house flipping to potential investors. They try to help new investors avoid common mistakes when flipping houses.
Christina and Tarek were married in 2009. The couple filed for divorce in 2017 citing irreconcilable differences. They have two children together, daughter Taylor Reese El Moussa (born in 2010) and son Brayden James El Moussa (born in 2015). She has a French bulldog named Cashie. She has a sister, Carly, who is ten years younger.
After filming season 1 of Flip or Flop, she stated she felt like a bad mom for not being home enough. She changed their filming schedule from 8:30am–5:30pm to 10am-4:30pm, to be home with their daughter more.
She presented at the 2017 Daytime Emmys.
After discovering Tarek had Stage II thyroid cancer in 2013, doctors recommended radiation treatment. The couple decided to bank Tarek’s sperm and try in vitro fertilization. The first in vitro attempt failed. Christina suffered a miscarriage on the second try. The couple changed doctors and their approach to conception. She says she had to be super strict staying in bed for one full week. She couldn't go for a walk and couldn't lift anything over a gallon of milk for 13 weeks. The couple planned it during Christmas break so Christina wasn't working to help make sure the third attempt succeeded.
Separation and divorce
After having her second baby, Christina was back to work on Flip or Flop within four weeks to keep up with their busy schedule. Looking back she says she needed more time off saying four weeks was too soon for her. She began feeling overwhelmed and the tension between the couple was getting high. “We weren’t able to properly communicate anymore,” she says “It got to the point where we weren’t even driving to set together.”.
In May 2016, the couple separated after an incident at their Southern California home. According to a Yorba Linda police report, Christina called the police, believing Tarek was suicidal after he fled their home with a gun following a heated argument. Tarek was found by the police, and maintained that he was never suicidal and had simply gone for a hike, taking a gun to protect himself from wild animals.
Following the incident, Christina stated that "being separated was healthier for both of us". Tarek and Christina filed for divorce in 2017. The couple continues to co-parent their children. The divorce was finalized in January 2018.
- "Christina El Moussa Biography, Celebrity Facts and Awards". TV Guide.
- "Birth of Christina Meursinge Haack". California Birth Index. California Vital Statistics. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "Local couple star in HGTV reality show on flipping houses - The Orange County Register". ocregister.com.
- "Christina El Moussa Bio". HGTV.com. Retrieved 2015-04-03
- "Local couple star in HGTV reality show on flipping houses". The Orange County Register.
- What Tarek El Moussa's New Solo Venture Means for Flip or Flop https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/tarek-el-moussa-new-business-flip-or-flop/
- "Tarek and Christina". Tarek and Christina Buy Houses. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Flip or Flop: Tarek and Christina El Moussa". youtube.com.
- "10 Surprising Facts About Tarek And Christina El Moussa From HGTV's 'Flip Or Flop'". Elle Decor. Hearst Communications.
- "Tarek and Christina El Moussa Net Worth 2017 – How Rich Are The Flip or Flop Couple?". http://gazettereview.com/. Retrieved 6 May 2017. External link in
- "Tarek & Christina El Moussa Make The Decision To 'Flip Or Flop'". MyFoxLA.com.
- Hendrickson, Paula (October 14, 2014). "HGTV's Stars Boast Real Expertise in Their Fields". Variety.com.
- "Flip or Flop IMDB". IMDB.
- "Tarek and Christina El Moussa Are All Smiles as They Reunite for the Daytime Emmy Awards". people. 1 May 2017.
- "Tarek and Christina | Success Path Education". successpatheducation.com. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "TAREK EL MOUSSA FILES FOR DIVORCE But the Show Will Go On". People Magazine. 10 January 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "christina el moussa instagram". Instagram.
- "things-didnt-know-christina-el-moussa". The List.com. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Lifestyle of HGTV's Christina El Moussa". NY Daily News. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Instagram". Instagram. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Christina El Moussa Admits Cancer, Infertility and the Pressures of Fame Led to 'Tension' in Her Marriage". People. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Flip or Flop Host Tarek El Moussa Battling Thyroid Cancer". People Magazine. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- "Flip or Flop's Christina El Moussa on the Terrifying Day She Decided to Leave Tarek". People. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- Strohm, Emily; Corinthios, Aurelie (January 22, 2018). "Flip or Flop's Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Divorce". People. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- Cohen, Jess (January 22, 2018). "Christina and Tarek El Moussa Finalize Their Divorce". E!. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Christina El Moussa details romance with Ant Anstead: "I can see myself getting married to him"". Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "How Christina El Moussa Found Love With Boyfriend Ant Anstead Following Her Divorce From Tarek". Retrieved 29 July 2018.