Christine Bentley began her career at CKVR-TV in Barrie. She then moved to CFTO-TV Toronto (CTV), after a brief stint as a summer reporter for CBC News in Toronto. Bentley started as a general assignment reporter, and then assigned to Toronto City Hall and later Queen's Park. Her next career move was being news anchor, where she worked on weekends in the following year, before moving to the 11:30 news, which she co-anchored with Ken Shaw. The next assignment were the 6:00 pm evening news, as well as the Noon news with her longtime co-anchor on CTV News.
On September 12, 2012, during the CTV News at Six, she announced she would be leaving the station to pursue other interests after 35 years with CFTO. Bentley's last broadcast on CTV News at 6 was on September 14. Her replacement is Michelle Dubé.
Bentley has received many awards over the years, primarily for her involvement in the community. She was chosen "Woman of the Year" in 2009 by Consumers' Choice Awards Canada, an organization that promotes business excellence in the GTA and across the country. In 2009, she was given the Paul Harris Fellowship Award for Community Service by the Rotary Club of Canada. Other awards include Olympic Torchbearer GTA Toronto 2010, Communication and Leadership Award 2010, Toastmasters International for outstanding service to Community, Country and Industry, Career achievement Award 2011, Women of Baycrest Award in 2011, and Daring to Dream Award in 2012. She also received a Star on Scarborough Walk of Fame in May 2013.
Bentley has served on the Board of Governors for Rouge Valley Centenary, as well as the Hospital's Foundation Board. She has served on the board of the Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, for which she is still an ambassador at large. She has been active with numerous charities, including Toy Mountain and the Canadian Cancer Society. She is also a Women Build Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity GTA.
- "RTDNA Canada - Christine Bentley" (PDF). RTDNA Canada. September 19, 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Christine Bentley - Canadian Television News Correspondent". articles-s.com. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Doyle, John (September 25, 2012). "On Canadian TV, cuddly rules". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Jackson, Emily (September 13, 2012). "Toronto CTV News anchor Christine Bentley: "It's been a pretty good run"". The Star. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Michelle Dubé named co-anchor of CTV Toronto news". CTV Toronto. September 17, 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Scarborough Walk of Fame: Christine Bentley". scarboroughwalkoffame.com. Retrieved 31 July 2013.