Christine Mary Chinkin, CMG, FBA is a Professor of International Law and founding Director of the Centre for Women, Peace and Security at the London School of Economics and Political Science and the William W. Cook Global Law Professor at the University of Michigan Law School. She was a member of the four-person United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict created by the United Nations Human Rights Council. From January 2010, she is a member of the Human Rights Advisory Panel of the United Nations Mission in Kosovo.
Chinkin studied law at the University of London, earning an LLB with honors in 1971 and an LLM in 1972. She later received a second LLM from the Yale Law School in 1981 and completed her PhD at the University of Sydney in 1990. She has served on the law faculty at the University of Sydney and as dean of the law faculty at the University of Southampton.
She was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG) in the 2017 Birthday Honours for services to advancing women's human rights worldwide.
- Dispute Resolution in Australia, co-authored with Hilary Astor, Butterworths, 1992
- The Boundaries of International Law: A Feminist Analysis, co-authored with Hilary Charlesworth, Manchester University Press, 2000
- The Making of International Law, co-authored with Alan Boyle, Oxford University Press, 2007
- International Law and New Wars, co-authored with Mary Kaldor, Cambridge University Press, 2017
- Sovereignty, Statehood and State Responsibility: Essays in Honour of James Crawford, co-edited with Freya Baetens, Cambridge University Press, 2015
- "Order of Saint Michael and Saint George". The Gazette. 17 June 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Elections to the Fellowship 2009 - British Academy". 2010-12-06. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Christine Chinkin". London: The Guardian. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- "Human Rights Council to discuss recent UN probe into Gaza conflict". UN News Centre. 13 October 2009. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- "The Human Rights Advisory Panel". UNMIK DPI. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Chinkin, Christine M.". Michigan Law. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "No. 61962". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 2017. p. B3.
Media related to Christine Chinkin at Wikimedia Commons
|This biography of an academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|