Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
Florida Atlantic University’s Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing, located in Boca Raton, Florida, United States, is internationally known for its commitment to nursing as a discipline focused on nurturing the wholeness of persons and environment through Caring. The College of Nursing is dedicated to advancing the science, studying the meaning, practicing the art, and living Caring day-to-day. The College vision is a world in which health and well being are transformed locally, nationally and globally through nursing grounded in Caring.
Faculty of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing support and participate in the University mission of teaching, research and scholarship, and service within an environment that fosters inclusiveness.
Currently, the College of Nursing offers bachelor’s, master’s, DNP and PhD degree programs with approximately 1,700 nursing students enrolled at FAU’s Boca Raton, Davie, and Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute locations. It is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education; the next accreditation visit will be in 2023.
Faculty researchers advance Caring knowledge through the research foci of healthy aging, health equity, holistic health and transforming care environments.
The College of Nursing houses several Centers and Institutes that serve as resources for the College, FAU, and the surrounding community. The Centers and Research Institutes include the:
- Christine E. Lynn Center for Caring which supports programs that humanize health care
- Initiative for Intentional Health offering programs that foster holistic approaches for health and healing
- Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center that provides innovative services to address memory loss
- Nursing Leadership Institute which develops programs to address the education and support of future nursing leaders
- The FAU Community Health Center promoting the health of the Westgate community by providing primary care, mental health and specialty care services including diabetes education.
In February 2006, FAU dedicated the new home of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing. The building was made possible by a $10 million gift from Mrs. Christine E. Lynn and was matched in full with state funding. The College’s state-of-the-art facility is a green building with design features that reflect the Caring philosophy and feng shui concepts, allowing the College to address present, emerging, and future healthcare needs.
|1979||The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program originated as a Division within the College of Social Sciences at FAU
|1984||Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Lynn provide a gift to create the first Christine E. Lynn Eminent Scholar Chair in Nursing, for the advancement of nursing knowledge
|1988||Master of Science Degree program is approved
|1989||Nursing becomes a freestanding School of Nursing
|1990||Nursing becomes a freestanding College of FAU
|2002||The Doctor of Nursing Science degree program begins
|2002||Christine E. Lynn donates funding for new facility
|2003||Accelerated baccalaureate program is introduced
|2006||The new building for the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing is dedicated
|2006||Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nursing replaces the Doctor of Nursing Science
|2007||Doctor of Nursing Practice is approved by Faculty and University Committees
|2008||Doctor of Nursing Practice program begins|
- FAU Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing philosophy , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing Caring concept , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing Vision , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- U.S. News and World Report , retrieved on 12 March 2015.
- FAU Mission , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing enrollment , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing accreditation , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing research , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing centers , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Center for Caring , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Initiative for Intentional Health , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Memory and Wellness Center , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Nursing Leadership Institute , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Community Health Center , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU press release on Green Building , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.
- FAU College of Nursing Timeline , Retrieved on 4 June 2014.