|First appearance||In comic book:
Iron Man Vol. 3 #75
(U.S. Airdate: May 2, 2008)
Christine Everhart is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character has appeared in the Iron Man comic books. She works as a reporter for The Daily Bugle and has investigated Tony Stark aka Iron Man.
She has a larger role in the Iron Man film series, in the first film writing a report on Tony Stark. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, she is a reporter for Vanity Fair. She was played by Leslie Bibb.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2015)|
Fictional character biography
In other media
The character of Christine Everhart was adapted for the 2008 film Iron Man, where she was portrayed by actress Leslie Bibb. In the film, her employer is changed to the magazine Vanity Fair as the rights to the Bugle were tied to the Spider-Man films. Bibb reprised the role for Iron Man 2.
In Iron Man, she first appears interviewing Tony Stark (3 months prior from becoming Iron Man) asking him about his complicity in the fact that his company's products kill countless innocent civilians. In the next scene, they have passionate sex. Then, the next morning, she wakes up, Tony's gone. This is the scene they first introduce the Stark Mansion. She walks around the mansion, looking for Tony but Pepper Potts arrives to give her her clothes, which she has dry cleaned, and introduces herself to her. At the end of the film, she is one of the reporters asking Stark if he is Iron Man.
In Iron Man 2, she is writing a page for Justin Hammer.
In early July 2015, Marvel began a viral marketing campaign for the Ant-Man film featuring Leslie Bibb, reprising her role as journalist Christine Everhart, reporting for a faux news program. In the program, Everhart discuses the fallout from the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Lang's imprisonment, and events leading to Captain America: Civil War.
- "Christine Everhart (Daily Bugle, Iron Man character)". The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe. 2008-05-10. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- Iron Man vol. 3 #75 (February 2004)
- Leslie Bibb Interview for Iron Man | The Cinema Source-TCS
- Wieselman, Jarett (August 6, 2009). "Leslie Bibb: 'It's So Delicious Being Evil in $50,000 Worth Of Couture". New York Post. Archived from the original on August 24, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- WHIH World News (Marvel Studios) (July 2, 2015). WHIH: NEWSFRONT Promo - July 2, 2015. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- Smith, C. Molly (July 2, 2015). "Marvel links Ant-Man to greater MCU in fake news report". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on July 3, 2015. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Fischer, Russ (July 8, 2015). "Latest "Ant-Man" Viral Video Holds Scott Lang To His Crimes". /Film. Archived from the original on July 8, 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|