November 25, 1957 |
Galesburg, IL, USA
|Specialism||Breast cancer prevention|
Christine Athena Horner is an American plastic surgeon, author, professional speaker, and activist for the prevention of breast cancer through holistic and alternative medicine methods. She is regarded as an expert on the subject of breast cancer. She appears frequently on television and speaks on radio to promote breast cancer prevention methods including lifestyle choices, vaccines, dietary choices such as eating less red meat and less sugar and reducing alcohol consumption, getting adequate sleep, and having better relationships. Her book Waking the Warrior Goddess discussed her ideas about breast cancer prevention. She was instrumental in a five-year-long public relations campaign to make insurance companies pay for breast reconstruction surgery following mastectomies by making it a federal law. She is certified with the National Board of Surgery and the National Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Waking the Warrior Goddess: Dr. Christine Horner's Program to Protect Against & Fight Breast Cancer
- The breast reconstruction advocacy project: One woman can make a difference
- Lorie A. Parch, Family Circle Magazine, "Your Healthy Breast Checklist", Accessed Aug. 12, 2014, "... Omega-3 fatty acids decrease the strength of estrogen in the breast tissue, and they also subdue inflammation, says Christine Horner, M.D.,..."
- US News, Dr. Christine Louise Horner, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....Dr. Christine Horner is a plastic surgeon...."
- Dr. Christine Horner, New Living Magazine, "High Insulin and Sugar Increases Breast Cancer Risk", Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...nationally recognized surgeon, professional speaker, expert in natural health and the author..."
- Dr. Christine Horner and her take on flax seed for breast health Archived 2014-08-13 at the Wayback Machine., Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....She is in the forefront of women’s’ breast health,..."
- Christine Horner, MD, Healthy Living Magazine, "Angelina Jolie's Message", Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....Christine Horner, MD, is a board certified and nationally recognized surgeon ..."
- Nutrition World, Dr Christine Horner Discusses Breast with Dr Mercola Archived 2014-08-13 at the Wayback Machine., Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...Dr. Christine Horner, a nationally known and recognized expert on holistic breast health, ...."
- April 7, 2014, WGN.TV (Chicago) "Dr. Christine Horner on breast cancer prevention | WGN-TV", Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...Dr. Christine Horner shares breast cancer prevention tips....."
- 10/31/13 Mary Glenney, 88.5 WMNF News, Dr. Christine Horner talks about breast cancer... Archived 2014-08-13 at the Wayback Machine., Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...Dr. Horner offers much advice which she feels could reduce one's chances of getting Breast cancer ...."
- Michele Gillen, May 12, 2014, CBS Local News (Miami), Focus on South Florida – Preventing Breast Cancer, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...a doctor, who is helping to turn the tables and go on the offensive in the fight against breast cancer....."
- Basic Health Publishing; Dr. Christine Horner, M.D., June 5, 2013 , Yahoo! News (Finance), "Waking The Warrior Goddess" Presents Women With Robust Options for Breast Cancer Prevention, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....Dr. Christine Horner, M.D., a leading expert on breast cancer prevention will release the third edition of her award-winning book, "Waking The Warrior Goddess," (Basic Health) ..."
- Jacobus Hollewijn, June 25, 2013, KMMSAM AM 1450 radio, How To Avoid and Fight Breast Cancer With Natural Therapies – Gesundheit! with Jacobus, Retrieved August 12, 2014,
- Michele Gillen, May 4, 2014, CBS Local News (Miami) via WFOR-TV, Awaken Your Warrior Goddess To Prevent Breast Cancer, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...the nation’s leading experts, Dr. Christine Horner, ... studies now offer ample evidence that lifestyle, and choices you make, can affect your vulnerability..."
- Linda Hurtado, November 20, 2013, ABC Action News, Neglected breast cancer discoveries that could save your life, possible breast cancer vaccine, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....She believes our best bet is a preventative breast cancer vaccine already in the works....cancer fighting magic in these foods including mushrooms.... the most surprising prevention method, love. ..."
- Oct 1, 2005, Susan Enfield, Delicious Living, Wise Words: A moment with Christine Horner, MD, FACS, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "... red meat ... 400 percent increased risk. Sugar ... preferred food for breast cancer cells. ... alcohol—even half a glass a day can raise women’s risk between 6 percent and 18 percent..."
- Christine Horner, Wellbeing Journal, Vol. 23, No. 3., , Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....sleep has a profound effect on your health, especially that of your breast, prostate, and heart. ..."
- 90.5 WCBE News, January 6, 2014, Doug DANGLER, "Decreasing your risk of breast cancer: A talk with surgeon and author Dr. Christine Horner", Retrieved August 12, 2014, "....Dr. Christine Horner helped led [sic] the fight to make insurance companies pay for breast reconstruction after mastectomies. ..."
- 05/30/13 Dr. Christine Horner with Mary Glenney, 88.5 WMNF, Dr. Christine Horner talks about breast cancer Archived 2014-08-12 at Archive.is, Retrieved August 12, 2014, "...Dr. Christine Horner... board certifications... the National Board of Surgery and the National Board of Plastic Surgery. Her five year crusade ... led to the passage of a federal law that requires insurance companies to pay for breast reconstruction..."
- Waking the Warrior Goddess: Dr. Christine Horner's Program to Protect Against & Fight Breast Cancer. Basic Health Publications. 2005. ISBN 978-1-59120-155-7.
- Horner-Taylor, Christine (1998). "The breast reconstruction advocacy project: One woman can make a difference". The American Journal of Surgery. 175 (2): 85–86. doi:10.1016/S0002-9610(97)00271-7. ISSN 0002-9610.