Official Parliamentary portrait, June 2017
|Liberal Democrat Spokesperson for Scotland|
Assumed office |
12 October 2017
|Leader||Sir Vince Cable|
|Preceded by||Jamie Stone|
|Member of Parliament|
for Edinburgh West
Assumed office |
9 June 2017
|Preceded by||Michelle Thomson|
Christine Anne Jardine|
1960 (age 57–58)
|Political party||Liberal Democrats|
Education and career
She is a former journalist, who worked for BBC Scotland and was editor of the Press Association in Scotland. She also taught journalism at the Universities of Strathclyde, Robert Gordons and West of Scotland.
In 2011 she was appointed Scotland media adviser to the Coalition Government.
During her career she has worked in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and Glasgow.
Christine was married for 30 years to Calum Macdonald, the Digital Editor for the Herald and Times Group. He died during the 2017 General Election campaign. They have one daughter.
Jardine was elected for the Edinburgh West constituency in the 2017 UK general election, succeeding independent MP Michelle Thomson who had been elected as a member of the SNP. Jardine received 18,108 votes and 34.4% of the overall vote.
- "Christine Jardine MP". myparliament.info. MyParliament. Archived from the original on 10 August 2017. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Christine Anne JARDINE". Companies House. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Tomos Utting (9 June 2017). "Christine Jardine wins Edinburgh West". Edinburgh Lib Dems. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Christine Jardine MP". UK Parliament. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Jardine, Christine. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2018 (February 2018 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "University of Glasgow - Alumni - Our alumni - Life after Glasgow - Notable alumni". www.gla.ac.uk. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "LinkedIn Profile - Christine Anne Jardine". LinkedIn. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Ian Swanson (22 April 2017). "Christine Jardine favourite to fight for Edinburgh West seat". The Scotsman. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Obituary - Calum Macdonald, journalist and crosswords editor who spent 25 years at The Herald". The Herald. 14 May 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "General Election Results 2017 - Seat: Edinburgh West". The Scotsman. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Phyllis Stephen (12 October 2017). "Jardine now LibDem Scottish Affairs spokesman". The Edinburgh Reporter. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Membership - Scottish Affairs Committee". UK Parliament. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Questions raised over Christine Jardine's Election costs in Edinburgh Evening News
- Questions raised over Christine Jardine's election costs
- Lib Dem Christine Jardine denies election spending breach
- Christine Jardine: Second LibDem MP in row over 'vanishing' election expenses in the Herald.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of the Parliament for Edinburgh West
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|