King has published extensively on the Third Reich and is considered an expert on Nazi Germany. She was formerly head of the School of Historical and Critical Studies and Dean of the Faculty of Arts at Lancashire Polytechnic. In 1990 she was appointed Assistant Director of Staffordshire Polytechnic, which became Staffordshire University in 1992.
King was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2007 New Year Honours list for services to higher education. She is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and a Deputy Lieutenant for Staffordshire.
- "Strategies for Survival: An Examination of the History of Five Christian Sects in Germany 1933-45" in Journal of Contemporary History Vol. 14, No. 2 (April 1979), pp. 211–233
- The Nazi state and the new religions: five case studies in non-conformity, 1982, Edwin Mellen Press (ISBN 978-0889468658)
- Through the Glass Ceiling: Effective Senior Management Development for Women, 1993, Tudor Business Publishing (ISBN 1872807550)
- "Vice Chancellor's Biography". Staffordshire University. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- "Regional Development Agencies - Board Members Announced". CWN. 1998-12-14. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- Angela Crum Ewing; updated by Diana Woodward; Angela Glasner (December 1999). "Through the glass ceiling: the first 15 years ... into 21st century" (PDF). Equality Challenge Unit. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-11-24. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
|This biographical article about an academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|