|Born||1969 (age 49–50)|
|Known for||Director of 2017 Venice Biennale|
Christine Macel was born in Paris in 1969.
Macel has served as the Chief Curator at the Centre Pompidou since 2000, where she started the museum's contemporary art department. She has curated shows for Sophie Calle, Gabriel Orozco, Nan Goldin, and Philippe Parreno.
- "Christine Macel to Curate 2017 Venice Biennale". Artnet. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Biennale Arte 2017 - Director". La Biennale di Venezia. April 12, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "La Biennale di Venezia - Christine Macel". www.labiennale.org. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "Christine Macel Appointed Artistic Director of 2017 Venice Biennale". Artforum. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Venice Biennale Taps Christine Macel to Be Artistic Director of 2017 Edition". Artnews. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "About the Curator: Christine Macel". Artsy. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- Donadio, Rachel (May 7, 2017). "A Venice Biennale About Art, With the Politics Muted". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.
- Sulcas, Roslyn. "Christine Macel Named Visual Arts Director for Venice Biennale". ArtsBeat. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|