|Full name||Christine Marie Magnuson|
October 17, 1985 |
Palos Heights, Illinois
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||161 lb (73 kg)|
|Club||Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics|
|College team||University of Tennessee|
2008 Summer Olympics
Magnuson won the silver medal in the 100 m butterfly final, finishing behind Libby Trickett of Australia who had won the gold in an Oceanic record. She also set an American record in that event during the semifinals. Magnuson earned her second medal, also a silver, in the 4×100 medley relay finishing behind team Australia.
2009 World Championships
Magnuson swam the 100 m butterfly but didn't make it past the semifinals and finished 10th overall. Magnuson also swam the third leg in the 4×100 m freestyle relay but the United States finished 4th in the final.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of University of Tennessee people
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (women)
- Magnuson wins silver in 100 butterfly
- M.A. Mehta (August 17, 2008). "Plainsboro's Soni wins third medal, takes silver in 4×100 medley relay". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved June 27, 2009.
- Christine Magnuson at USA Swimming
- Christine Magnuson at the United States Olympic Committee
- Christine Magnuson at University of Tennessee
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|