|Full name||Christine Mailliet|
9 January 1987 |
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Club||SC Le Dauphin|
Christine Mailliet (born January 9, 1987) is a Luxembourgian swimmer, who specialized in sprint freestyle and butterfly events. She is a multiple-time Luxembourgish record holder in both long and short course freestyle (200 and 400 m) and butterfly (50, 100, and 200 m).
Mailliet competed as a lone female swimmer for Luxembourg in the 200 m freestyle at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Leading up to the Games, she smashed a Luxembourgish record in 2:02.71 to clear the FINA B-cut (2:03.50) by nearly a second at the Open Luxembourg Nationals in Luxembourg City. Swimming on the outside in heat two, Mailliet raced her way to sixth place with a steady 2:02.91, just two tenths of a second (0.2) shy off her entry time. Mailliet failed to advance to the semifinals, as she placed thirty-ninth overall in the prelims.
- "Christine Mailliet". Beijing 2008. Archived from the original on 9 September 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Christine Mailliet". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Luxembourg Short Course Championships: Christine Mailliet Rewrites National Record Books". Swimming World Magazine. 23 November 2009. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Women's 200m Freestyle" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 53. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Swimming: Women's 200m Freestyle Heat 2". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012..
|This biographical article related to a Luxembourgish swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|