Christine Mary Joan Taylor
July 30, 1971
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Christine Taylor Stiller (born July 30, 1971) is an American actress. She is known for playing Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel, as well as roles in films like The Craft, The Wedding Singer, Zoolander, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story and in television series like Arrested Development and since 2016 in the black comedy Search Party as Gail.
Taylor was born on July 30, 1971, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to Joan, a homemaker, and Albert E. "Skip" Taylor III, who owns a security company. She grew up in neighboring Wescosville, Pennsylvania. She has one brother.
Taylor began her acting career in 1989 on the Nickelodeon children's television series Hey Dude where she played the lifeguard Melody Hanson. She continued in that role through 1991 while making various guest appearances on other programs. In 1995, Taylor was cast as Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and later in A Very Brady Sequel. Following The Brady Bunch Movie, Taylor made several comedic guest appearances on the TV series Ellen, landing the lead role in the television series Party Girl, based on the 1995 film of the same name, and more guest appearances on Seinfeld and Friends. She played the racist school bully Laura Lizzie in the 1996 horror film The Craft, and also played Drew Barrymore's cousin, Holly Sullivan, in the 1998 comedy The Wedding Singer. In 2001, she starred alongside her husband Ben Stiller in Zoolander.
Later, she made television appearances as a guest star, in 2005, in two episodes of Arrested Development as "Sally Sitwell" and, in 2006, in an episode of NBC's My Name Is Earl. In July 2006, Taylor's husband Ben Stiller announced plans to direct a CBS sitcom starring Taylor, but the series never aired. She has appeared with Mandy Moore in both Dedication and License to Wed. In 2010, Taylor guest starred in Hannah Montana Forever. In 2010, she also starred in the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie Farewell Mr. Kringle. In 2013, Taylor reprised her role as Sally Sitwell in two episodes of the revived Arrested Development. She also guest starred on Elementary in 2017, playing villainess Gail Lundquist.
Taylor currently has a recurring role as Gail on Search Party, and has appeared on ten episodes so far.
Taylor dated actor Neil Patrick Harris from 1997 to 1998. Taylor married actor Ben Stiller on May 13, 2000. They met while making the TV show Heat Vision and Jack in 1999. Taylor and Stiller appeared together in the films Zoolander, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Tropic Thunder, Zoolander 2 and in the TV series Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm. They lived in Westchester County, New York and have a daughter and a son. Both adopted a vegetarian diet for health reasons. After 17 years of marriage, Taylor and Stiller separated in 2017. The couple appears to have reconciled since then.
|1993||Calendar Girl||Melissa Smock||Credited as Christine Joan Taylor|
|1994||Night of the Demons 2||Terri|
|1995||Breaking Free||Brooke Kaufman|
|The Brady Bunch Movie||Marcia Brady|
|1996||The Craft||Laura Lizzie|
|A Very Brady Sequel||Marcia Brady|
|Cat Swallows Parakeet and Speaks!||Ballerina|
|The Wedding Singer||Holly Sullivan|
|Overnight Delivery||Kimberly Jasney|
|Desperate But Not Serious||Lili|
|Heat Vision and Jack||The Sheriff|
|1999||Kiss Toledo Goodbye||Deeann Emory|
|2004||Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story||Katherine "Kate" Veatch|
|The First Year's a Bitch||Andrea|
|2007||License To Wed||Lindsey Jones|
|2012||The First Time||Mrs. Miller|
|2016||Zoolander 2||Matilda Jeffries|
|1989–1991||Hey Dude||Melody Hanson||Main cast; 5 seasons|
|1991||Dallas||Margaret Barnes||1 episode: "Conundrum"|
|Saved by the Bell||Heather Brooks||1 episode|
|Life Goes On||Drama Student #1||1 episode, as Christine Joan Taylor|
|1992||Blossom||Patti||1 episode, as Christine Joan Taylor|
|1995||Caroline in the City||Debbie||1 episode|
|Here Come the Munsters||Marilyn Hyde (Munster)||Television film|
|Ellen||Karen Lewis||2 episodes|
|1996||Party Girl||Mary||4 episodes|
|To the Ends of Time||Princess Stephanie||Television film|
|Murphy Brown||Taffy||1 episode|
|Seinfeld||Ellen||1 episode: "The Van Buren Boys"|
|2000||Spin City||Catherine Moore (Caitlin's Sister)||1 episode|
|2003||Harry's Girl||Harry's Girl||Television film|
|2004||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Herself||3 episodes|
|2005||The Commuters||Sandy||Television film|
|2005–2018||Arrested Development||Sally Sitwell||8 episodes|
|2006||My Name Is Earl||Alex Meyers||Episode "The Professor"|
|American Dad!||Candy (voice)||1 episode|
|52 Flights||Jennifer||Television film|
|2010||Phineas and Ferb||Khakka Peu Peu's nagging wife||1 episode|
|Hannah Montana Forever||Lori||2 episodes|
|Farewell Mr. Kringle||Anna||Television film|
|2011||Rip City||Janet Marsh||Television film|
|2012–2013||Burning Love||Symphony||4 episodes|
|2016–2021||Search Party||Gail||10 episodes|
|2017||Elementary||Gail Lundquist||1 episode|
|2017||Odd Mom Out||Barrett||1 episode|
|2018||Insatiable||Gayle Keene||2 episodes|
|2021||iCarly||Argenthina Woolridge||1 episode|
- Willstein, Paul (February 12, 1995). "Here's The Story How Christine Taylor Became Marcia Brady". The Morning Call. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Christine Taylor Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Archived from the original on July 11, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Stiller, CBS down home for Taylor-tailored comedy". Archived from the original on July 22, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2006.
- "Christine Taylor and Neil Patrick Harris dating". contact music. May 1, 2008. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Errico, Marcus (May 16, 2000). "Ben Stiller Hitched!". E!. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Tulloch, Lee (November 16, 2013). "Ben Stiller in the moment". The Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney, Australia: Fairfax Media. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- Thompson, Bob (December 16, 2006). "Group Outing". National Post. Archived from the original on December 8, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2009.
- Yates, Karin (May 18, 2012). "Christine Taylor and Ben Stiller Embrace Plant-Based Lifestyle". Ecorazzi.com. Archived from the original on May 25, 2013. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Denson, Jarrod (January 9, 2013). "Living Green with Christine Taylor". Organic Spa Magazine. Retrieved October 19, 2020.
- Deerwester, Jayme (May 26, 2017). "Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor separate after 17 years of marriage". USA Today. Mclean, Virginia: Gannett Company. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- Crabtree, Erin (October 25, 2018). "Christine Taylor Dodges Questions About Reconciling With Ben Stiller: 'We're Together All the Time'". US Magazine. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- Fisher, Shannon (March 2, 2020). "The Real Reason Why Ben Stiller And Christine Taylor Reconciled". Nickiswift.com. Retrieved July 19, 2021.