A graduate of the Australian National University (BA, politics and history), University of Sydney (BEc) and the Australian Graduate School of Management (MBA). Wallace's publications include Greer, Untamed Shrew (1997), The Private Don (2004), Julia Gillard (2011).
Wallace is a member of the Canberra Press Gallery and has worked for a wide range of print and electronic media outlets there including The Australian, The Australian Financial Review, Business Review Weekly and ABC Television. She is a regular member of judging panels for the Walkley Awards for excellence in journalism each year. Wallace can be heard on regular radio spots with 666 ABC Canberra and breakfast on Adelaide's top rating talk station 5AA.
During the 1990s, Wallace's articles in the The Australian Financial Review were very critical of Dr John Hewson, then leader of the opposition Liberal Party and whose economically liberal programme, "Fightback!", anticipated the political agenda of the Howard Government. Later she broke the story that she also claims sparked the resignation of Liberal Party leader Alexander Downer, allowing John Howard to regain the post and later become prime minister.
Recent journal articles include "Libertarian Nation By Stealth" (Griffith Review, 16, 2007) and "Clean, Orderly and Laminex Coloured" (Griffith Review, 19, 2008).
- Hewson: A Portrait (1993) Sun Australia, ISBN 978-0-7251-0723-9
- Germaine Greer, Untamed Shrew (1997) Pan Macmillan, ISBN 0-7329-0866-3; (1998) Faber and Faber, ISBN 978-0-571-19934-1
- The Private Don (2004) Allen & Unwin, ISBN 978-1-74114-475-8
- Julia Gillard (2011) Allen & Unwin, ISBN 978-1-74175-848-1
- Piers Akerman: "Extreme ploy to win votes", (21 October 2006) The Daily Telegraph
- Raggatt, Matthew (11 June 2014). "Canberra's power couples - the cream of the crop". The Canberra Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 30 June 2014.
- Julia Gillard at Allen & Unwin
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian journalist biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|