|Directed by||Ernie Barbarash|
|Produced by||David Anselmo|
|Written by||Dinah Eng|
|Music by||Terry Frewer|
|Edited by||Gordon McClellan|
Christmas Inheritance is a 2017 American Christmas comedy-drama film directed by Ernie Barbarash and written by Dinah Eng. The film stars Eliza Taylor, Jake Lacy and Andie MacDowell. The film was released on Netflix on December 15, 2017.
Before ambitious heiress Alpha Ellen Langford can inherit her father's gift business, she must deliver a special Christmas card to her dad's former partner in Snow Falls, the hometown she never knew. When a snowstorm strands her at the town inn, she's forced to work for her keep, and in the process, finds romance with a local artist and discovers the true gift of Christmas.
Ellen travels with only $100 incognito by bus to Snow Falls to deliver her father's Christmas wish personally to his business partner Zeke. Ellen is befriended by Jake who runs the Inn and Aunt Debbie who runs the local diner. Being short on money, Ellen works at the Inn as a housekeeper. Jake tells Ellen that his wife left him as "Silent Night" played and he just can't listen to the song. Ellen explains that her boyfriend is not happy that she left New York so close to the holiday and their upcoming vacation. She needs to prove herself responsible to her father.
A major snow storm hits and all the town folk rally to help one another. Ellen goes out and brings homeless Baxter to the Inn and even shares her room with a mother and two children. Jake and Ellen go for a walk among the town's ice sculptures. They almost kiss but Ellen does have a boyfriend. The next day Ellen rounds up donated gifts for the charity silent auction. She pleases herself and Jake. Ellen's boyfriend Gray comes to town to return her to New York. He has a superior attitude and comments to Jake he cannot believe that Ellen Langford cares about the town. Jake now knows the real name of rich Ellen and feels betrayed.
Ellen cannot find Zeke and reads the past sentimental messages between the partners. Gray convinces Ellen to leave because they do have tickets to Hawaii. At checkout Jake asks whether her boyfriend is paying or should he send the bill to her family gift business of "Home and Hearth". Jake knows that Ellen deceived him. She asks him to deliver the letters to Zeke and he refuses.
Leaving town Ellen feels bad and asks Gray to turn around. At a gasoline stop, Ellen returns Gray's engagement ring and hops on a bus headed for Snow Falls. She attends the community Christmas Eve celebration. Zeke is playing the role of Santa and he reminds the crowd that tradition, friendship and love are the most important gifts. Then Jake and Ellen dance as Aunt Debbie sings "Silent Night".
- Eliza Taylor as Ellen Langford
- Jake Lacy as Jake Collins
- Andie MacDowell as Debbie Collins
- Michael Xavier as Gray Pittman
- Neil Crone as Jim Langford
- Anthony Sherwood as Uncle Zeke Langford/Santa
- Bill Lake as Captain Williams
- Martin Roach as Sheriff Paul Greenleaf
- Joanna Douglas as Cara Chandler
- Mikayla Radan as Olivia "Livvy" Chandtler
- Lori Hallier as Alice
- Mag Ruffman as Kathy Martin
- Lindsay Leese as Mrs. Worthington
- Telysa Chandler as Annabelle
- John Tench as Baxter
- "What's New on Netflix: December 2017". ComingSoon.net. 2017-11-20.
- Dawson, Chris (March 31, 2017). "Hollywood actress gets recipe from local restaurant". Bay Today. Village Media. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Christmas Inheritance (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved March 7, 2018.