Christmas in Vienna III
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Christmas in Vienna III
|Live album by Plácido Domingo, Sissel Kyrkjebø and Charles Aznavour|
|Recorded||December 22, 1994|
Christmas in Vienna III (known in the USA as Vienna Noël) is a 1995 Christmas album released by Spanish operatic tenor Plácido Domingo, French chanson and pop music star Charles Aznavour, and Norwegian crossover soprano Sissel Kyrkjebø on the Sony Classical label.
It was recorded on December 22, 1994, at the Alte Winterreitschule in Vienna, Austria, the third of Plácido Domingo's numerous Christmas in Vienna concerts. The Vienna Symphony, under the direction of maestro Vjekoslav Šutej, provided orchestral accompanying to the three singers, and the Vienna Children's Choir provided choral backups.
The concert proved to be a success; the recorded event was broadcast internationally and released as an album internationally during the 1995 Christmas season. It reached the number one spot on the Norwegian albums chart.
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- Noëls D'autrefois
- When a Child is Born
- A Very Private Christmas
- Ave Maria
- Carol of the Bells
- Es ist ein Ros entsprungen/Det Hev Ei Rose Sprunge
- Un Enfant Est Né
- I'll Walk with God
- Un Enfant de Toi pour Noël/My Own Child for Christmas from You
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Medley: It's Christmas Time All over the World/Auld Lang Syne/Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow/Let There Be Peace on Earth/We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Kum Ba Yah, My Lord
- Silent Night/Noche de Paz/Stille Nacht
- "PLACIDO DOMINGO / SISSEL KYRKJEBO / CHARLES AZNAVOUR - CHRISTMAS IN VIENNA III (ALBUM)". Norwegiancharts.com (with additional world wide chart information).
- "PLACIDO DOMINGO / SISSEL KYRKJEBO / CHARLES AZNAVOUR - CHRISTMAS IN VIENNA III (ALBUM)". UltraTop: Official Charts for Francophone Belgium (with other chart information (in French).
|This 1990s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|