21 March 1982 |
|Curling club||Snarøen CC,
|Lead||Håvard Vad Petersson|
|9 (2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)|
|9 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)|
|2 (2010, 2014)|
Svae formally joined Team Ulsrud in 2007 having played alternate since 2005. During the 2005–2010 seasons, Svae and his team won six World Curling Tour events, three European Curling Championship medals (silver in 2007 and 2008; bronze in 2009), four World Curling Championship medals (bronze in 2006, 2008 and 2009; silver in 2010), and silver at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
It was Svae who selected Loudmouth Golf's colorful argyle pants (Dixie and Red & Gray) as Team Norway's uniform at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics because they came close to matching the Norwegian flag colors – red, white and blue. The pants brought Team Norway unprecedented popularity as shown by the surge in sales at Loudmouth Golf as well as the number of followers at the Facebook's Norwegian Olympic Curling Team's Pants fan page exceeding over 600,000 by the end of the 2009-10 curling season.
Svae is currently employed as a curling instructor and event manager.
- "About Team Ulsrud". TeamUlsrud.com. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Christoffer Svae" (Teams > Events). ASHAM World Curling Tour. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Christoffer Svae, Curling" (Curling > Athletes). Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Results/Statistics" (Competitions > European Championships). European Curling Federation. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Capitol One World Men's Championship – Day 6" (News). World Curling Federation. 8 April 2010.
- "Men's Gold Medal Game" (Curling Schedule > Results). Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. 27 February 2010.
- "Loudmouth Golf signs sponsorship deal with the silver medal winning Norwegian curling team". The Golf Wire. 10 March 2010.
- The Norwegian Olympic Curling Team's Pants Facebook. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Adam Tschom (2010-02-23). "They'll do it Norway: Loud pants earn Facebook fan page shout-out". Los Angeles Times.
- Kyrie O'Connor (2010-02-25). "Olympics fashion from good to goofy". Houston Chronicle.
- Official homepage of Team Ulsrud
- Christoffer Svae on the World Curling Federation database
- Profile at ASHAM World Curling Tour
- Facebook fan page for The Norwegian Olympic Curling Team's Pants
- Complete coverages of Team Norway's Olympics performances at the official Vancouver Olympic Games 2010 Channel
- Team Ulsrud in training on Eurosport Norge. "EurosportNorge møter curlinggutta". 4 December 2009.
- Team Norway interviewed on Grand Slam of Curling. Olympic Curling – Team Norway. 17 February 2010.
- Christoffer Svae interviewed on ABC News (Video). "The Conversation: pants from the curlers of Norway. 26 February 2010.