Christopher Forgues, (also known professionally as C.F. and Kites), is a musician and artist based in Providence, Rhode Island, best known for his graphic novel serial Powr Mastrs. He holds a BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
Forgues has toured the United States several times, also appearing in Europe and Canada. Forgues employs homemade electronics, effects pedals, and altered acoustic instruments.
His graphic novel series, Powr Mastrs, is published by Picturebox. His story "Mosfet Warlock and the Mechlin Men" was included in The Best American Comics 2009 edited by Charles Burns. Since May 2011, he has published a monthly comic strip, Monorail High, in Mothers News, a monthly newspaper published in Providence, RI.
He has been praised by The Comics Reporter for his skills at "overlooked nuances of comics storytelling, in particular pacing".
- Kites: Peace Trials (Load Records, 2006)
- Powr Mastrs Vol. 1 (PictureBox, 2007)
- Powr Mastrs Vol. 2 (PictureBox, 2008)
- Kites: Hallucination Guillotine/Final Worship (Load Records, 2008)
- Powr Mastrs Vol. 3 (PictureBox, 2010)
- Daily Life: Necessary and Pathetic (Load Records, 2010)
- Sediment (PictureBox, 2011)
- Mere (PictureBox, 2013)
- "NO PHOTOS EXTRA - CHRISTOPHER FORGUES". Vice Magazine. 2009. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "A Profile of Christopher "C.F." Forgues". The Comics Reporter. October 30, 2003. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Powr Mastrs, Vol. 1 (Review)". Publishers Weekly. Oct 22, 2007. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Powr Mastrs: Volume 2 (Review)". Publishers Weekly. Jan 5, 2009. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|