Spafford was born into an ecclesiastical family on 10 September 1924, educated at Marlborough College and St John's College, Oxford and ordained in 1950. After curacies at Brighouse and Huddersfield he held incumbencies at Hebden Bridge, Thornhill and Shrewsbury. He was Provost of Newcastle Cathedral from 1976 to 1989.
Reverend Christopher Spafford died in September 2011.
- Newcastle Libraries Archived 2011-08-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- His father was the Rev. Canon Douglas Norman Spafford, sometime Vicar of Walton-on-the-Hill > Crockford's Clerical Directory 1948 Oxford, OUP, 1947
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Who’s Who 1996 London A & C Black, 1995 ISBN 0-7136-4255-6]
- "St Chad' s, Shrewsbury". www.ukpressonline.co.uk/. ukpressonline. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
|Church of England titles|
Conrad Clifton Wolters
| Provost of Newcastle
1976 – 1989
Nicholas Guy Coulton
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|