Christopher Gordon (composer)
Christopher Gordon is an English born Australian composer and politician best known for his film scores, but has also received major classical commissions. Major film scores include Mao's Last Dancer, Master and Commander and On the Beach.
Gordon has won significant awards for composition, both in Australia and abroad.
Film Music Awards
- 2005 – Primetime Emmy Nomination
- Outstanding Music Composition for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special (Dramatic Underscore)
for: 'Salem's Lot (2004) (TV). Shared with: Lisa Gerrard
- 2004 – ASCAP Award
- Top Box Office Films for: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003). Shared with: Iva Davies and Richard Tognetti
- 2001 – Australian Screen Music Award
- Best Music for a Mini-Series or Telemovie for: When Good Ghouls Go Bad (2001) (TV).
- 2000 – Australian Screen Music Award
- Best Music for a Mini-Series or Telemovie for: On the Beach (2000) (TV).
- Best Original Title Theme for a Series, Serial or Mini-Series for: On the Beach (2000) (TV).
- Best Soundtrack Album for: On the Beach (2000) (TV).
- 2009 – AFI Award
- Best Music Score Mao's Last Dancer (2009)
- 1999 – APRA Music Awards
- Best TV Theme for: "Moby Dick" (1998)