|Born||Christopher Jason Hanke
March 18, 1976
Hot Springs, Arkansas
|Occupation||Actor and singer|
Hanke was born in Hot Springs, Arkansas, the oldest of five children. He spent his childhood in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Hanke was accepted to medical school, but decided to defer his admission.
Hanke has played leading roles in various Broadway and off-Broadway shows. His roles have included Ethan Girard in the national tour of The Full Monty (2002) and Nick Piazza in Fame on 42nd Street (2003, off-Broadway); and on Broadway as J.T. in In My Life (2005), Mark Cohen in Rent (2007) and Baldwin in Cry-Baby (2008); and Claude in Hair (2008 - Central Park production).
Hanke has also appeared on television, playing the series regular role of the inexperienced transplant coordinator Ryan Abbott on the CBS TV series Three Rivers. He had a guest-starring role on ABC's Brothers & Sisters in 2010. He also has a recurring role in the television show Big Love as a Mormon intern in the State Senate.
Most recently, Hanke appeared on Broadway as Bud Frump in the 2011 revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, starring Darren Criss (previously Daniel Radcliffe) and staged by Rob Ashford. Hanke will take over for Michael Urie in the Off-Broadway solo comedy "Buyer & Cellar," beginning March 18, 2014 at the Barrow Street Theatre. and now most recently he played "Link Larkin" in hairspray at the muny
- Joy, Kara (October 17, 2005). "Christopher J. Hanke". Broadway.com. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "Christopher J. Hanke". Who's Who. Celebrity Buzz. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "'Brothers & Sisters' Preview: October 31 on ABC". Broadway World. October 21, 2010. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- BWW News Desk (October 21, 2010). "Christopher J. Hanke Set for Recurring Role on Big Love". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 23 October 2010.
- Hetrick, Adam (November 15, 2010). "Tammy Blanchard, Christopher J. Hanke, Rose Hemingway Join How to Succeed Broadway Revival". Playbill. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Christopher Hanke at the Internet Movie Database
- Christopher Hanke at the Internet Broadway Database
- Christopher J. Hanke at the BroadwayWorld Database
|This musical theatre related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|