Christopher J. Hill
Christopher John Hill
20 November 1948
|Alma mater||University of Oxford (MA, DPhil)|
|Thesis||The decision-making process in relation to British foreign policy, 1938-1941 (1979)|
|Institutions||University of Cambridge|
Career and research
From 1974–2004 he taught in the Department of International Relations at the London School of Economics and Political Science where he was the Montague Burton Professor of International Relations from 1991. He was head of the Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS) at Cambridge, 2012–14.
He has published widely in the areas of foreign policy analysis, European politics and general international relations. He is a past Chair of the British International Studies Association, and was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 2007. He was a member of the RAE2008 Panel for Politics and International Studies.From 2016-2019 he has been Wilson E. Schmidt Distinguished Professor of International Relations at the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, Bologna.
- "The Capability-Expectations Gap, or Conceptualizing Europe's International Role", in Journal of Common Market Studies, vol. 31, no. 3, September 1993, pp. 305–28. Available in pdf format here.
- Two Worlds of International Relations: Academics, Practitioners and the Trade in Ideas (ed. with Pamela Beshoff), Routledge, an imprint of Taylor & Francis Books Ltd, 1994. ISBN 0-415-11323-7
- Domestic Sources of Foreign Policy: West European Reactions to the Falklands Conflict (with Stelios Stavridis), Berg Publishers Ltd, 1996. ISBN 1-85973-089-2
- European Foreign Policy: Key Documents (ed. with Karen E. Smith), Routledge, an imprint of Taylor & Francis Books Ltd, 2000. ISBN 0-415-15823-0
- Cabinet Decisions on Foreign Policy: The British Experience, October 1938-June 1941, Cambridge University Press, 2002. ISBN 0-521-89402-6
- The Changing Politics of Foreign Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, 2003. ISBN 0-333-75423-9
- 'The National Interest in Question: Foreign Policy in Multicultural Societies', (Oxford University Press, 2013)[ISBN missing]
- 'Foreign Policy in the 21st Century' (Palgrave Macmillan 2016)
- 'The Future of British Foreign Policy: Security and Diplomacy in a World after Brexit' (Polity Press, 2019).
- "HILL, Prof. Christopher John". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. 2014 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription or UK public library membership required) (subscription required)
- Staff page at the Cambridge Centre of International Studies
- Hill, Christopher (1979). The decision-making process in relation to British foreign policy, 1938-1941. ora.ox.ac.uk (PhD thesis). University of Oxford. EThOS uk.bl.ethos.459127.
- "College Fellows and Staff - Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University". Retrieved 25 January 2014.
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|