Christopher J. Walker
Christopher J. Walker (born 1942) is a British historian and author.
He worked in Sotheby's department of historical and literary manuscripts. After the winning of Winston Churchill Travelling Fellowship he wrote a book on Armenian history which was reissued in 1990. In 1975 with the support of "Minority Rights Group" he published "The Armenians" report (co-author - prof. David Marshall Lang). In November, 1989 at the Oxford University Walker had a lecture on the modern history of Armenia. He has also written several books and articles on history of Armenia. One of his most famous works is Armenia: The Survival of a Nation book, which was appreciated as an "excellent history of Greater Armenia" and "a balanced presentation" of the events during the Armenian Genocide of 1895-1918.
After a long-time research in archives, in 2003 Walker completed his Life of Oliver Baldwin book about a soldier, statesman, and journalist, the son of a Conservative Prime Minister, who became a Labour member of British Parliament.
- The Armenians, by David Marshall Lang and Christopher J. Walker, London: Minority Rights Group, MRG Report No. 32, fifth edition, 1987
- Armenia : The Survival of a Nation, ISBN 978-0-312-04944-7, 1980; ISBN 978-0-312-04230-1, 1990
- Armenia and Karabagh, ISBN 978-1-873194-00-3, 1991
- Oliver Baldwin : A Life of Dissent, ISBN 978-1-900850-86-5, 2003
- Visions of Ararat (writings on Armenia), ISBN 978-1-85043-888-5, 2005
- "At History's Crossroad: The making of the Armenian nation," (The Armenians: From Kings and Priests to Merchants and Commissars) (Book review) Weekly Standard Nov 27, 2006.
- Friends or Foes? The Islamic East and the West, History Today, March 2007, Volume: 57, Issue: 3, Page 50-57
- Caravans to Oblivion: The Armenian Genocide, by G. S. Graber, 1996, p. 29
- Bibliography -- Armenia (Caucasus), Library of Congress / Federal Research Division
- Atlas of Russia and the independent republics, by Moshe Brawer - 1994 - p. 138
- Antioch And Canterbury, By William Taylor, 2006, p. 119
- Books by Walker at OpenLibrary
- Works by or about Christopher J. Walker in libraries (WorldCat catalog)