Christopher Kippenberger is an American-German filmmaker, creative director, publisher, designer and visual artist.
Kippenberger began his career in San Francisco and Los Angeles as a post production specialist. He then relocated to Europe, later collaborating with Spike Jonze to help create vice.com predecessor VBS.tv and going on to found Studio Kippenberger.
Studio Kippenberger is the production arm of Chris Kippenberger’s practice. Headed by Kippenberger, the studio has worked with companies such as Bugatti, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Vimeo, and Intel in recent years. In addition to content creation, Studio Kippenberger also specializes in digital strategy development, creative content placement and integrated brand consulting.
Isle of Man TT is a concise profile of the prestigious annual motorcycle race of the same name and its participants. In interviews with the event's most prominent racers and their teams, the film explores the circuit's sustained appeal in spite of its deadly reputation. Isle of Man TT was honored at the 2015 London Motor Film Festival.
Featured on Nowness, Hypebeast, Highsnobiety, and others, Kippenberger's film Kart Kids is a look into the world of youth karting. Profiling a selection of adolescent racers for over ten years, Kart Kids focuses the sport's high-stakes nature.
Advanced Aviation Prototyping & Robotics
“Drones are strictly tools [for] creating a certain look we want to achieve. This is only the very early beginning of this movement and we are thrilled to be involved at such an early stage"
Christopher Kippenberger’s Véhicule brand was founded in 2019 as a multi-channel platform for “avant-garde transportation.” Véhicule’s first undertaking was an annual magazine exploring the intersections between transportation, popular culture and fine art. The 2020 issue of Véhicule Magazine featured an in-depth investigation of the Miami drug smuggling and powerboating scene in the 1980s.
In tandem with this feature, Kippenberger founded Véhicule Marine—a Florida-based firm specializing in designing and developing high-powered seagoing watercraft.
The Véhicule lineup also features Véhicule Automotive, a project initiated by Kippenberger. Véhicule Automotive has focused their efforts on high-end restorations of classic G-Wagens, modifying them with new engines, suspensions and interior fittings.
Véhicule has since expanded to include collections of related apparel.
- Orlove, Raphael (20 April 2014). "Inside The Most Amazing Car Video Studio I've Ever Seen". Jalopnik.com. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Cardiner, Brock (28 April 2014). "Highsnobiety Visits Studio Kippenberger". highsnobiety.com. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- adweek, Staff (13 August 2014). "BMW Sticks With Jaw-Dropping Stunts in YouTube Video Revs up views with tricks". adweek.com. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Amazon.com: Isle of Man TT by Studiokippenberger: John Mcguiness, Christopher Kippenberger: Amazon Digital Services LLC". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "'Kart Kids' Follows the Lives of Juvenile Racing Drivers". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "The Madness of the World's Most Dangerous Motorcycle Race". WIRED. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "Logan & Sons Director Christopher Kippenberger's IOM TT Doc Shortlisted at 2015 LMFF". TRUST. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- Orlove, Raphael. "Sex, Drugs, And Drones: Meet The Most Interesting Man In Car Porn". Jalopnik. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- Cheung, Justin (2013-12-10). "The Terry Richardson of Car Videos - Christopher Kippenberger - GTspirit". GTspirit. Archived from the original on 2017-12-05. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- Lavrinc, Damon (17 May 2012). "Forget the Helicopter: New Drone Cuts Cost of Aerial Video". Wired.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Rosen, Lea (10 October 2013). "Meet Chris Kippenberger, Drone Cinematographer from Germany". Drones & Aerial Robotics Conference. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Drone's-eye view of Berlin: Watch the TEDSalon intro video". TED Blog. 2014-06-23. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "VEHICULE magazine". vehicule-magazine.com. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- "véhicule shop". véhicule. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- Magazine, Wallpaper* (2019-07-26). "Studio Kippenberger goes graphic with Floridian 'flat boat'". Wallpaper*. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- "Moda & motori: le più belle capsule fashion ispirate alle auto". Vogue Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-06-05.