Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Markus in 2018
|Born||c. 1969/1970 (age 48–49)|
|Alma mater||Rutgers University|
University of California, Davis
McFeely in 2018
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame|
University of California, Davis
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are American screenwriters and producers. They are known for their work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having written the three Captain America films (The First Avenger, The Winter Soldier and Civil War), Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, and created ABC's Agent Carter TV series. They are also the screenwriters of The Chronicles of Narnia film franchise.
Markus (born c. 1969/1970) grew up in Buffalo, New York, the son of Budapest, Hungary-born physician Dr. Gabor Markus and registered nurse Rosemary Golebiewski Markus. He has two siblings, sisters Jennifer and Elizabeth. Markus earned a B.A. in creative writing from Rutgers University in 1991. McFeely was born February 24, 1970, in Contra Costa County, California. and grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. He earned a B.A. in English from the University of Notre Dame in 1991. Both were aspiring novelists when they met in the graduate program for creative writing at the University of California, Davis in 1994. They two "couldn't see how we could make [book] writing our full-time day job," McFeely said in 2011, and they turned to screenwriting instead.
After earning their master's degrees in 1996, they moved to Los Angeles to pursue that career, working at such jobs as receptionist at movie production companies. After acquiring an agent, they became professional screenwriters in 1998 with an eventually unproduced script about a real-life Los Angeles murder. Interest generated from the purchased script led HBO Films to commission them to write a biographical drama about actor Peter Sellers. For The Life and Death of Peter Sellers in 2004, they won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special. Subsequent work on The Chronicles of Narnia film franchise set them up for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
As of at least April 2012, Markus is married to Claire Saunders.
|2004||The Life and Death of Peter Sellers|
|2005||The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe|
|2007||You Kill Me|
|2008||The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian|
|2010||The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader|
|2011||Captain America: The First Avenger|
|2013||Pain & Gain|
|Thor: The Dark World|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
|Guardians of the Galaxy (script polish only)|
|2016||Captain America: Civil War|
|2018||Avengers: Infinity War|
- Agent Carter (creators, writers, producers) (2015–2016)
- Hunt, James (August 14, 2014). "Christopher Markus interview: writing Captain America 2 and 3". Den of Geek. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Kaufman, Anthony (June 16, 2005). "Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely". Variety. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
Both 35 [as of June 16, 2005]
- Hann, Christopher (Spring 2016). "Writing of the Heroic Kind". Rutgers Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Obituary for Gabor Markus > Obituary". Buffalo, New York: Kolando Funeral Home. April 29, 2012. Archived from the original on April 7, 2019. Retrieved April 7, 2019 – via ObitTree.com.
...son Christopher Markus, a screen writer...
- "The Birth of Stephen McFeely". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 7, 2019.
- Scanlon, Sean (Autumn 2011). "Getting in the game, from Peter Sellers to Captain America". Notre Dame Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Clark, Andrew (June 27, 2011). "Alumni Profiles > Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely". UC Davis Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- 57th Emmy Awards (September 18, 2005). "Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Accept The Emmy For Writing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special". Television Academy. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Wittaker, Richard (November 1, 2018). "Austin Film Festival: 10 Things We Learned From the Writers of "Infinity War"". The Austin Chronicle. Texas. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Strom, Marc. "Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely to Write Marvel's 2-Part 'Avengers: Infinity War' Event". Marvel. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Christopher Markus on IMDb
- Stephen McFeely on IMDb
- Christopher Markus biography at Turner Classic Movies
- Stephen McFeely biography at Turner Classic Movies
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|