Christopher North (businessman)
Christopher Corson North
October 1970 (age 48)
|Alma mater||Harvard College|
New York University
Christopher Corson North (born October 1970) is an American businessman, CEO of the online retailer Shutterfly.
North started his career as a management consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton, in their media and entertainment division. Then he became vice president and general manager of Electronic Publishing for HarperCollins Publishers and then chief operating officer of HarperCollins Canada. After that, he was as global managing director at Phaidon Press.
He became Amazon UK CEO in January 2011, replacing Brian McBride (now chairman of ASOS.com), who stepped down from the role to undergo treatment for prostate cancer. Previously, North was head of Amazon’s UK media businesses. In May 2016, he became CEO of online specialty photo retailer Shutterfly. 
According to The Guardian, North is "one of the most powerful figures in British retail". The Evening Standard included North in its list of London's 1000 most influential people 2011, stating that "North is shaking up UK retailing".
- "Amazon.com U.K. Ltd". Companies House. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Christopher North". Crunchbase. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Shutterfly, Inc. Names Christopher North President and Chief Executive Officer". Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Bowers, Simon (25 April 2014). "Amazon UK boss: How can following the law be unfair?". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "London's 1000 most influential people 2011: Tycoons & Retailers". Evening Standard. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2015.