This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Christopher C. Rants|
|Speaker of the House|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives|
from the 54th district
|Preceded by||Don Shoning|
|Succeeded by||Ron Jorgensen|
|Born||September 16, 1967|
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
|Children||Grace and Katharine Rants|
|Residence||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Alma mater||Morningside College|
Christopher C. Rants (born September 16, 1967) is a former Iowa State Representative. He served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 1992 to 2010. He received his BA from Morningside College. His work experience includes managing environmental compliance projects for Metz Baking Company, and Pierce & Associates, a Sioux City consulting firm. After leaving the legislature, Rants started inSight Communication as government affairs and public relations firm. In 2015 Rants partnered his firm with PolicyWorks LLC, another Iowa government affairs firm.
Rants served on several committees in the Iowa House - Commerce, Education, Ways & Means, Labor, and Rules committees. His political experience includes serving as Assistant Majority Leader beginning in 1994, serving as the Speaker Pro Tempore, serving as House Majority Leader beginning in 1999, and serving as Speaker of the Iowa House from 2003 through 2006.
Rants was re-elected in 2008 by a margin of 57% to 43%.
In June 2009, Rants announced his intention to seek his party's nomination for the 2010 election for Governor of Iowa. Rants announced that he was pulling out of the race for governor in February 2010.
- "Former Iowa House Speaker Teams Up with PolicyWorks". www.policyworksiowa.com. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "House Officers and Committees". publications.iowa.gov. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- Bureau, Dan Gearino, Journal Des Moines. "Rants re-elected House Speaker". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- Beaumont, Thomas (June 20, 2009). "Humbler Rants to enter race for governor". Des Moines Register. Retrieved 2009-06-22.[dead link][dead link]
- Bureau, CHARLOTTE EBY, Courier Des Moines. "Romney earns Rants' backing". Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Hayworth, Bret (7 May 2015). "Sioux Cityan Rants moves to role with Fiorina campaign". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Aspen Institute-Rodel Fellowship Class of 2008 - The Aspen Institute". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC) Organization 2013-14, Democracy in Action". www.p2016.org. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Top 100 Courses Journey Completed At Great Waters". www.reynoldslakeoconee.com. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Representative Christopher Rants - official Iowa General Assembly site
- Rants' website
- Profile at iowahouserepublicans.com
|Iowa House of Representatives|
| 3rd District
1992 – 2002
| 54th District
2002 – present
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|