Schindler with 1860 Munich in 2013
|Full name||Christopher Wolfgang Georg August Schindler|
|Date of birth||29 April 1990|
|Place of birth||Munich, West Germany|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2009–2013||1860 Munich II||32||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:30, 10 November 2018 (UTC)|
Christopher Wolfgang Georg August Schindler (German pronunciation: [ˈkʀɪstɔfɐ ˈʃɪndlɐ]; born 29 April 1990) is a German professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Premier League club Huddersfield Town. He has also played for Germany U21s.
He was formerly the captain of his hometown team, TSV 1860 Munich. He had been captaining the team since Julian Weigl was suspended to the second squad and fined for disciplinary reasons early in the 2014–15 season.
On 29 June 2016, Schindler joined English Football League Championship club Huddersfield Town for a then club record fee. He made his debut for the Terriers in their 2–1 win over Brentford on 6 August 2016. Schindler scored his first goal for the club in a 1–0 win over Ipswich Town on 1 October 2016. He scored his second goal in the reverse fixture of the 2016/17 season. He quickly established himself as the leading centre-back of the Huddersfield Town squad during his first season in England, and is widely praised for his reliability and consistency.
- As of match played 10 November 2018
|TSV 1860 Munich II||2009–10||Regionalliga Süd||13||1||—||—||—||13||1|
|TSV 1860 Munich||2010–11||2. Bundesliga||16||1||0||0||—||—||16||1|
- "Squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Christopher Schindler". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Schindler, Christopher" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Weigl-Binde dauerhaft weg! Wer nun übernimmt" (in German). tz.de. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Ipswich 0–1 Huddersfield". BBC Sport. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Huddersfield reach Premier League after penalty shoot-out win over Reading". Guardian. 29 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "C. Schindler". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Woodcock, Ian (29 May 2017). "Huddersfield Town 0–0 Reading". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christopher Schindler.|