Christopher Scott (choreographer)
September 20, 1983 |
Takoma Park, Maryland
|Occupation||Choreographer, actor, dancer,|
Christopher Scott (born September 20, 1983) is an American choreographer, dancer and actor.
Scott has appeared as an actor and dancer in several movies including his most notable role as "Hair" in Step Up 2 The Streets, Step Up 3D, Step Up Revolution, and Step Up: All In. He has also garnered a number of notable credits as a choreographer including the 82nd Academy Awards, Lemonade Mouth, Teen Beach Movie, and frequently appears on So You Think You Can Dance.
In 2009, Scott teamed up with Harry Shum, Jr. to choreograph the super hero inspired web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, aka The LXD. An experiment in storytelling through dance, the series is the brainchild of writer/director/producer Jon Chu. As an actor, Scott would also appear in the series portraying the character "Copeland", a tap dancer haunted by his troubled past.
In 2011, Scott would make his SYTYCD debut in the season 7 finale choreographing a group routine featuring the top 11 finalists and the all-star pool of that season. Following that piece, Scott would make frequent visits choreographing contestants' individual duets and group routines,  and earning his first Emmy nomination 2012 for his pieces Misty Blue and Velocity from season 8 of the show.
|2007||Alvin and the Chipmunks||Dancer|
|2008||Step Up 2: The Streets||Hair|
|2008||Ely Stone||Dancer||TV Series|
|2009||17 Again||Hammer Dancer #2|
|2009||Dance Flick||Megan's Crew #4|
|2010||Step Up 3D||Hair|
|2010||The LXD||Copeland||TV Series|
|2012||Step Up Revolution||Hair|
|2014||Step Up: All In||Hair|
- "IMDB Profile". The Internet Movie Database.
- "IMDB Profile". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Lemonade Mouth". Disney Channel Media Net.
- Gorman, Bill. ""Lemonade Mouth" Premieres Friday, April 15 on Disney Channel". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "Walt Disney Records' Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack Debuts in the Top 5 on the Billboard 200". PR Newswire. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Who Made The 'SYTYCD' Top 20?". cnn.com. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- Bloom, Julie (June 25, 2010). "It's A Bird! It's A Plane! No, It's A Superdancer". The New York Times. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Sniderman, Zachary. "Why Hulu's New Dance Show Is A Game Changer". mashable.com. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "The LXD: In the Internet age, dance evolves ...". TED Talks. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "So You Think You Can Dance Episode Recaps". FOX Broadcasting. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "Emmy Nominations 2012:The Complete List". latimes.com. Retrieved August 8, 2012.