Shannon graduated from Central Saint Martins with a MA in Menswear, studying under Louise Wilson. After working with the designers Judy Blame, Kim Jones, William Baker, and the fashion label Helmut Lang, he launched his business at the end of the first decade of the 2000s with sponsorship from NEWGEN MEN, a programme launched by the British Fashion Council and Topman for supporting up-and-coming British menswear designers. When Shannon presented his Spring/Summer 2011 collection at Men's Day at London Fashion Week in September 2010, the fashion journalist Charlie Porter named him as one of the two key designers of the day for his contemporary, colour-blocked streetwear-influenced pieces. His work combines elements of masculine sportswear with unexpected details such as traditionally feminine frills, folklore influences, or patchwork and embroidery.
Shannon was the recipient of the inaugural BFC/GQ Designer Menswear Fund, supported by Vertu, in June 2014. He has been nominated for the Emerging Menswear Award at the British Fashion Awards and the LVMH Young Fashion Designer Prize, and been involved in the innovative MAN, NEWGEN and Fashion Forward sponsorship schemes. 
In additional to his mainline collection Shannon has consulted for and collaborated with many brands including Reebok, Colette (boutique), Opening Ceremony (brand), Eastpak, Cambridge Satchel Company, Kickers, Caterpillar Inc. , Zippo, River Island, Topman and in 2017 launched his first fragrance with Mark Buxton and Verduu. He has also contributed in a styling capacity to magazines such as Arena Homme Plus, i-D and Man About Town.
Celebrities who have worn his designs include Drake, Rihanna, Tyga, Rae Sremmurd J Hus, Chris Brown, Stormzy, Labrinth, Kylie Minogue, ASAP Rocky, Olly Alexander, Louis Tomlinson, Iggy Azalea, Neneh Cherry, and Mabel,
- "Designer Profile: Christopher Shannon". British Fashion Council. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Anderson, James. "Christopher Shannon: What Are You Into?". District MTV. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Herron, Emma. "Christopher Shannon". STAMP Magazine. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "About NEWGEN MEN". British Fashion Council. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Porter, Charlie (23 September 2010). "New names prove their worth on menswear day of London Fashion Week". The Telegraph. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Walker, Harriet (24 February 2011). "Menswear with a feminine touch". Independent Online. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Oliver, William (July 2012). "Christopher Shannon Menswear S/S13 Inspired folklore and festivals, Shannon showed his signature pieces in loud colours". Dazed & Confused. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Dezan, Anzej (16 June 2012). "Spring/Summer 2013 Menswear: Christopher Shannon". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Alexander, Ella (28 July 2012). "Opening Ceremony". Vogue UK. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "http://www.complex.com/style/2013/09/drake-christopher-shannon-bomber-jacket-elliott-wilson-interview". External link in
- "http://hausofrihanna.com/rihanna-christopher-shannon-denim-jacket-jeans/". External link in
- "http://pausemag.co.uk/2015/08/spotted-tyga-in-christopher-shannon-at-st-barts/". External link in
- "http://crackmagazine.net/article/music/rae-sremmurd-top-pops/". External link in
- "http://www.thefader.com/2017/04/25/j-hus-fader-cover-story-interview-afrobeats". External link in
- "https://uk.style.yahoo.com/exclusive-christopher-shannon-rihanna-chris-brown-wearing-kidda-122644817.html". External link in
- "http://www.hungertv.com/feature/stormzy-is-our-hunger-12-cover-star/". External link in
- "https://au.riverisland.com/styleinsider/blog/2015/10/river-island-x-christopher-shannon-as-seen-on". External link in
- "http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/kylie-minogue-lights-up-the-singapore-grand-prix-stage-in-revealing-red-tassled-dress/news-story/47b93ecda07debfad8a2fa9236c936d8". External link in
- "http://styleblazer.com/122712/fashion-killa-aap-rocky-styles-his-own-ok-ni-shoot/". External link in
- "https://ollyyearsalexander.tumblr.com/page/2". External link in
- "https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/3kn74y/louis-tomlinson-interview-2017". External link in
- "http://www.nme.com/news/music/iggy-azalea-twerk-mo-bounce-video-2027133". External link in
- "https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/nov/11/neneh-cherry-street-style-hits-pictures-look". External link in
- "https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/59b87z/daydreams-and-nightmares-with-future-star-mabel". External link in
|This article about a fashion designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|