This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christopher John Snowdon is an author and freelance journalist based in the UK. He writes for Sp!ked and other publications. He is particularly known as a vocal opponent of Government intervention in matters such as alcohol and obesity; his Twitter biography states that he is "not that keen on the nanny state" . He is also a research fellow at the Institute of Economic Affairs.
His second book, The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-checking the Left's New Theory of Everything (2010), is a response to and critique of The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better.
His third book is The Art of Suppression: Pleasure, Panic and Prohibition since 1800 (2011).
Snowdon's critics allege proximity to industry interests, and have also documented repeated polemical attacks on established scientists.
- The Art of Suppression: Pleasure, Panic and Prohibition since 1800 Little Dice, 2011
- The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-checking the Left's New Theory of Everything, Democracy Institute/Little Dice, 2010
- Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: A History of Anti-Smoking, Little Dice, 2009
- Velvet Glove, Iron Fist website, About the author, accessed 5 October 2011
- IEA people, Institute of Economic Affairs website
- Michael Fitzpatrick, "The anti-smoking ‘truth regime’ that cannot be questioned" Spiked 1 August 2013. 
- "Anti-smoking activism Puff by puff, inch by inch" The Economist 11 June 2009 
- WorldCat item record
- Tobacco Tactics website: Chris Snowdon  | accessed 08 August 2014
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|