|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Christopher John Snowdon is an author and freelance journalist based in the UK. He writes for Sp!ked and other publications. He is particularly known as a vocal opponent of Government intervention in matters such as alcohol and obesity; his Twitter biography states that he is "not that keen on the nanny state" . He is also a research fellow at the Institute of Economic Affairs.
His second book, The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-checking the Left's New Theory of Everything (2010), is a response to and critique of The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better.
His third book is The Art of Suppression: Pleasure, Panic and Prohibition since 1800 (2011).
Snowdon's critics allege proximity to industry interests, and have also documented repeated polemical attacks on established scientists.
- The Art of Suppression: Pleasure, Panic and Prohibition since 1800 Little Dice, 2011
- The Spirit Level Delusion: Fact-checking the Left's New Theory of Everything, Democracy Institute/Little Dice, 2010
- Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: A History of Anti-Smoking, Little Dice, 2009
- Velvet Glove, Iron Fist website, About the author, accessed 5 October 2011
- IEA people, Institute of Economic Affairs website
- Michael Fitzpatrick, "The anti-smoking ‘truth regime’ that cannot be questioned" Spiked 1 August 2013. 
- "Anti-smoking activism Puff by puff, inch by inch" The Economist 11 June 2009 
- WorldCat item record
- Tobacco Tactics website: Chris Snowdon  | accessed 08 August 2014
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|