Sir Christopher Staughton, PC (24 May 1933 - 15 October 2014) was an English barrister and judge, who sat as a justice of the High Court of Justice, Court of Appeal of England and Wales and President of the Court of Appeal of Gibraltar.
He was educated at Eton College and Magdalene College, Cambridge, where he graduated with first-class honours in law in 1956. Staughton specialised in commercial law, most notably appearing in Hong Kong Fir Shipping Co Ltd v Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd.
He served as a Recorder in the Crown Court between being appointed to the High Court of Justice in 1981. In 1987 he was appointed to the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, where he sat until 1997. From 2005-06, he served as the 6th President of the Court of Appeal of Gibraltar.
- Nestle v National Westminster Bank plc  EWCA Civ 12,  1 WLR 1260 - English trusts law case concerning the duty of care when a trustee is making an investment.
- Boyo v London Borough of Lambeth  ICR 727 - UK labour law case, concerning wrongful dismissal.
- Wheeler v JJ Saunders Ltd  EWCA Civ 32 - case on nuisance which amended the precedent set by Gillingham Borough Council v Medway (Chatham) Dock Co Ltd.
- Mothew v Bristol & West Building Society  EWCA Civ 533,  Ch 1 - leading English fiduciary law and professional negligence case, concerning a solicitor's duty of care and skill, and the nature of fiduciary duties; Staughton concurring with Millett LJ
- Petraco (Bermuda) Ltd v Petromed International - explains what guidelines should be applied by a High Court judge when deciding whether or not to grant an appeal after arbitration under the Arbitration Act 1979.
- "Birthdays today". The Telegraph. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
Sir Christopher Staughton, a former Lord Justice of Appeal, 80
- "ADR Chambers International - Panel Member". ADR Chambers International. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "Arbitration and Mediation Scheme". Royal Aeronautical Society. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "A.D.R Chambers". A.D.R Chambers. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "RETIREMENT OF SIR CHRISTOPHER STAUGHTON PRESIDENT OF THE COURT OF APPEAL 2005-2006" (PDF). Government of Gibraltar. 13 August 2007. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- Notice of death of Sir Christopher Staughton, announcements.telegraph.co.uk; accessed 21 October 2014.