This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christopher Darius Stonebanks is an Associate Professor of Education and currently the Chair of the Research Ethics Board at Bishop’s University in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada.
He received both a Bachelor's and master's degree from Concordia University and a PhD from McGill University in Montreal, Canada. He is the author of books, chapters and articles on issues in education including critical pedagogy, social justice, indigenous knowledge, and Islamophobia.
Raised on the west-island of Montreal, Canada and being of mixed Iranian-European descent, his experience living as the Other influences his writing, research and lectures. He is the author of James Bay Cree Students and Higher Education (2008) and the co-editor with Ozlem Sensoy of Muslim Voices in School (2009) which has been awarded the 2010 Philip C. Chinn book award by the National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME). Stonebanks is most recently the co-author and editor with Shirley R. Steinberg and Joe L. Kincheloe of Teaching Against Islamophobia (Counterpoints: Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education) (2010). He is also an active contributor to Wikipedia, with his work including this biography section.
He currently resides in Canton de Hatley, Quebec with his three children and his partner, Melanie Bennett.
Through conference presentations, writing and teaching, Stonebanks asks that both teachers and students ask crucial and critical questions about how curriculum content can affect the ways that student's are able to construct knowledge and make sense of the world around them. He can often be heard asking about the context, content and the learner, sometimes to students, sometimes to passersby in the hallways of the Nichols building. Teaching since 1991, Stonebanks has taught students from pre-school to university.
- Stonebanks, C., Steinberg, S. & Kincheloe, J. (2010). Teaching Against Islamophobia. New York: Peter Lang Publishing Group.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Steinberg, Shirley. (2009). "Life and Work of Joe". International Review of Qualitative Research. (1)4.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Stonebanks, Melanie. (2010)."Religious Identity in schools and the Looking Glass Self". in Daniel Chapman (Ed) Teaching Social Theory. NY: Peter Lang Publishing
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2010). "The Audacious Scholar: The Dude Minds!". Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies (Sage Publications). (10)5
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2010). "On critical thinking, Indigenous knowledge and raisins floating in soda water". in Adams, Tippins, Mueller & van Eijck (Eds.) Cultural Studies and Environmentalism: The Confluence of EcoJustice, Indigenous Knowledge Systems and A Sense of Place. NY: Springer.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Wootton, Kathleen. (2010). "The Backlash on 'Roosting Chickens': The Continued Atmosphere of Suppressing Indigenous Knowledge". Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies (Sage Publications). (10)2
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2009). "Middle-Eastern Boys". in Michael Kehler and Shirley R. Steinberg. Boy Culture. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2009). "If Nancy Drew wouldn't wear a Hijab, would the Hardy Boys wear a Kufi?". In Stonebanks & Sensoy, O. (Eds.) Muslim Voices in Schools: Narratives of Identity and Pluralism. Boston: Sense Publishing.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Stonebanks, Melanie. (2009)."Religion and Diversity in our Classrooms". in Shirley R. Steinberg (Ed). Diversity: A Reader. New York: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Sensoy, Ozlem (2009)." Schooling Identity: Constructing Knowledge about Islam, Muslims and People of the "Middle-East" in Canadian Schools". The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy. (2)4
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Sensoy, Özlem (Eds). (2009). Muslim Voices in School: Narratives of Identity & Pluralism. Boston: Sense Publishing.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2009). "Secret Muslims". Cultural Studies ⇔ Critical Methodologies (Sage Publications). (9)6
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2008). James Bay Cree and Higher Education: Issues of Identity and Culture Shock. Boston: Sense Publishing
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2008). "Politicized Knowledge to Standardized Knowing: the Trickle Down Effect in Schools". in (Eds.) Denzin, Norman & Giardina, Michael. Qualitative Inquiry and the Politics of Evidence. CA: Left Coast Press.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2008). "An Islamic perspective on knowledge, knowing and methodology". in (Eds.) Denzin, N., Lincoln, Y., & Smith, L. Handbook of Critical and Indigenous Methodologies. CA: Sage Publications.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Sensoy, Ozlem. (2008). ""Did we miss the joke again? The cultural learnings of two Middle East professors for make benefit insights on the glorious West". Taboo: The Journal of Culture and Education. Spring/Summer.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2008). "Spartan Superhunks and Persian Monsters; Responding to Truth and Identity as determined by Hollywood". Studies in Symbolic Interaction. (Sage Publications). Vol. 31.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. & Wootton, Kathleen. (2008). "Revisiting Mianscum's 'telling what you know' in Indigenous Qualitative Research". International Review of Qualitative Research (Left Coast Press). Vol. 1:08.
- Stonebanks, Christopher D. (2004). "Consequences of Perceived Ethnic Identities (reflection of an elementary school incident)" in The Miseducation of the West: The Hidden Curriculum of Western-Muslim Relations. Joe L. Kincheloe and Shirley R. Steinberg (Eds.) New York: Greenwood Press.
- This Wikipedia page
- Faculty Profile 
- National Association for Multicultural Education awards 2010 
- Muslim Voices book review