|Education||MA, anthropology, archaeology and art history, University of Cambridge
PhD (2000), humanities and cultural studies, London Consortium
Christopher Turner is a British writer. He has been a regular contributor to Cabinet magazine since 2004, and to the London Review of Books since 2001. He has also written for The Guardian and The Sunday Telegraph, and is a former editor of Icon magazine.
Turner is the author of Adventures in the Orgasmatron: How the Sexual Revolution Came to America (2011).
Turner obtained his MA in anthropology, archaeology and art history from the University of Cambridge, and his PhD in 2000 in humanities and cultural studies from the London Consortium, with a thesis entitled "The Disgusting: The Unrepresentable from Kant to Kristeva." He was a visiting scholar at Columbia University from 2003–2004.
- Adventures in the Orgasmatron: How the Sexual Revolution Came to America. Fourth Estate (UK), Farrar, Straus and Giroux (US), 2011.
||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (January 2016)|
- Allen, Henry. "Thinking Inside the Box", The Wall Street Journal, 11 June 2011.
- Bywater, Michael. "Adventures in the Orgasmatron: Wilhelm Reich and the Invention of Sex, By Christopher Turner", The Independent, 26 August 2011.
- Camp, James. "Author Christopher Turner Takes Us Inside The Orgasmatron", The New York Observer, 1 August 2011.
- Hitchens, Christopher. "Inside the Orgone Box", The New York Times, 23 September 2011.
- Jones, Lewis. "Adventures in the Orgasmatron: Wilhelm Reich and the Invention of Sex by Christopher Turner: review", The Daily Telegraph, 7 August 2011.
- Kramer, Peter D. "The Great Proselytizer of Orgasm", Slate, 27 June 2011.
- Levy, Ariel. "Novelty Acts", The New Yorker, 19 September 2011.
- Murphy, James M. "The man who started the sexual revolution", The Times Literary Supplement, 4 January 2012.
- Philips, Adam. "Am I a spaceman?", London Review of Books, 20 October 2011.
- Turner, Christopher. "Diary", London Review of Books, 3 June 2004.
- Turner, Christopher. "Wilhelm Reich: the man who invented free love", The Guardian, 8 July 2011.
- Turner, Christopher. "Adventures in the Orgasmatron", The New York Times, 23 September 2011.
- "Christopher Turner", Cabinet magazine.
- "Christopher Turner", also see Contributors, London Review of Books.
- "Christopher Turner", The Guardian.
- Icon magazine at the Wayback Machine (archived October 20, 2014)
- "Turner, Christopher", AP Watt.
- "PhD Titles", Masters & Doctoral Programme in Humanities and Cultural Studies, London Consortium.