||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Born in Bangor, Maine, Willard was raised in Vermont. He attended the Portland School of Art, renamed the Maine College of Art, and completed his education at Hunter College. He currently lives in Calgary, Canada and teaches at Alberta College of Art and Design.
Willard's art is associated with neo-op art and neo-conceptualism. Willard is also known as a writer, expert in color theory, and critic. His art is held in collections including the Metropolitan Museum of Art. He is currently the Head of Painting at Alberta College of Art and Design.
- Garbage Head. Willard, Christopher. Garbage Head. Vehicule Press/Esplanade Books, 2005.
- Sundre. Willard, Christopher. Sundre. Vehicule Press/Esplanade Books, 2009.
- Watercolor Mixing: The 12-Hue Method. Willard, Christopher. Watercolor Mixing: The 12-Hue Method. Rockport Press, 2000.
- Ship of Theseus. Willard, Christopher. Ship of Theseus. Crisis Chronicles Press, 2016.
- Shortlisted for the Canadian Library Association Young Adult Canadian Book Award, 2006
- Shortlisted for the Expozine Award, 2006
- Selected for Take a Joy Read Canada, 2006
- Longlisted for the ReLit Award, 2006
- Longlisted for the Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour, 2006
- "Faculty profile". Alberta College of Art and Design. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Vehicule Press, Sundre
- Meghan Fish Contemporary
- Shotgun Review
- Alberta Biennial, Art Gallery of Alberta
- Faculty Focus, Reconsidering Grading Students on Class Participation, February 22, 2010.
- Crisis Chronicles Press, Ship of Theseus
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|