Christopher Wright (author)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
November 24, 1964 |
Pontiac, Michigan, U.S.
|Genre||Teen Horror, Thrillers|
|Notable works||American Chillers series, Michigan Chillers|
Christopher Wright (born November 24, 1964) in Pontiac, Michigan, is the author of dozens of horror fiction books for children and young adults. He writes under the pseudonyms Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight. Almost all of Wright's books (save American Chillers) take place in his home state of Michigan.
Wright grew up in Richmond In, until his family moved to Grayling after his 4th Grade year of school. He lived for a short time in Houghton Lake before moving to Petoskey for six years, then to a little cabin in the woods outside of Cheboygan before moving to Topinabee (about 25 miles directly south of the Mackinac Bridge) with his wife and three dogs named "Scooby-Boo" "Lily Munster" and "Spooky Dude."
In 2007, Wright became involved in exposing a case of animal cruelty, and documented the case on a website called "Thor's Warriors", a website that shows hidden animal abuse and cruelty cases to the public.
Wright owns his own bookstore, Chillermania!, in Indian River, Michigan. The store mostly sells merchandise related to his American Chillers and Michigan Chillers books; however, his other works and memorabilia may be purchased there as well. The products for sale include his books, clothing, hats, autographs, and various other items. Wright is not always present at his store, but has been known to visit frequently.
Selected List of Works
Under the pseudonym Johnathan Rand
- American Chillers series
- Michigan Chillers series
- Freddie Fernortner, Fearless First Grader series
- Adventure Club series
Under the pseudonym Christopher Knight
- St. Helena
- The Laurentian Channel
- Season of the Witch
- The World is Black and White
Under both Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight
Wright has opted to self-publish, with he and his wife originally driving to gas stations, restaurants, gift shops, and hotels to sell the books. In 2003, the author stated that they had sold over one million copies of the books.
Wright uses two pseudonyms when writing — Johnathan Rand for the children's books, and Christopher Knight for the books aimed at adults.
When asked out of the books he had written what his favorite one was, Wright said it was "Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit", but that he liked each one in a unique way.
- Geist, Mary Ellen (October 25, 2010). "Interview with Michigan Chiller Author Johnathan Rand (aka Chris Wright)". MyNorth.com. Traverse City, MI: Prism Publications. Archived from the original on May 1, 2014. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Sanderson, Dan (July 12, 2007). "Animal cruelty results in jail time, steep fines". crawfordcountyavalanche.com. Grayling, MI: Crawford County Avalanche. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Kremer, John (January 2005). Self-Publishing Hall of Fame (Paperback). Haverford, Pa.: Infinity Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7414-1361-1. OCLC 64446059. OL 10670847M.