|No. 7 – Doxa Lefkadas|
|Position||Power forward / Small forward|
|League||Greek Basket League|
September 21, 1982 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
Christos Tapoutos (Greek: Χρήστος Ταπούτος; born September 21, 1982) is a Greek professional basketball player who plays for Doxa Lefkadas of the Greek Basket League. He is 2.06 m (6'9") in height. He can play at both the small forward and power forward positions, with power forward being his main position. During his early professional years, Tapoutos was considered to be one of the greatest scorers and talents in his age group in all of Europe.
Tapoutos started his career with Achilleas Triandrias in 1998 in the Greek minors. In 1999, he joined Near East, where he played for two seasons, before transferring to AEK Athens, where he played until 2004. He then moved to Iraklis for the 2004–05 season, and then to Panionios for the 2005–06 season, before returning to AEK Athens for another three seasons. Tapoutos then played with PAOK, before joining Aris. In June 2012, he left Aris and joined ČEZ Nymburk for the 2012–13 season, but during the season he left ČEZ Basketball and moved to Olin Edirne.
Greek national team
With the Greek junior national teams, Tapoutos won a bronze medal at the 2000 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship. He was the second leading scorer of the 2002 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship Qualifying Round in July 2001, averaging 27.0 points per game. He also played at the 2002 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he won a gold medal. He also won a silver medal at the 2001 Mediterranean Games, as well as a silver medal at the 2005 Mediterranean Games, while playing with the Greek national basketball B team.
Tapoutos was also a member of the senior men's Greek national basketball team. He debuted with the senior men's Greek national team on June 14, 2002, against Italy. With Greece's senior men's team, he had 13 caps and scored 80 points, for a scoring average of 6.2 points per game.
Awards and accomplishments
Greek national team
- 2000 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Bronze
- 2000 Albert Schweitzer Tournament: Silver
- 2000 Albert Schweitzer Tournament: All-Tournament Team
- 2001 Mediterranean Games: Silver
- 2002 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Gold
- 2005 Mediterranean Games: Silver
- 3x Greek All-Star Game: (2001, 2004, 2011)
- Named the "Most Spectacular Player in Greece" and "Most Spectacular Player in Europe" runner-up, out of all players in his age group, by Basket News: (2001)
- Greek League Champion: (2002)
- "Christos Tapoutos - EuroChallenge (2011) - FIBA Europe". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Σελίδα Αθλητή". basket.gr. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Christos Tapoutos signs with Panionios". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Players - Statistical Leaders - European Championship for Young Men (2002) - FIBA Europe". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- FIBA.com Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Greek Basket League Profile (in Greek)
- TBLStat.net Profile
- AEK Profile
- Interbasket.net Greek Prospects
- Hellenic Basketball Federation Profile (in Greek)
- NBA.com Draft Profile
- Basketnews.lt Profile (in Lithuanian)
- Facebook Account