Christiane Crane Fichtner
October 28, 1962
|Other names||Christy Fichtner-Alhadef|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Title||Miss Texas USA 1986|
Miss USA 1986
Gary E. Alhadef
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Texas USA 1986|
Miss USA 1986
Miss Universe 1986
Born to Mr. and Mrs. Clifton Wales Fichtner, Fichtner attended Greenwich High School in Connecticut and was the girlfriend of Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Young through junior high and high school. They parted ways and she moved to Dallas, enrolling at Southern Methodist University.
As a beauty queen, she was crowned Miss Texas USA and Miss USA 1986, becoming the second of five consecutive winners from Texas during the 1980s. Her main competition and eventual first runner-up at Miss USA was actress Halle Berry.
At the 1986 Miss Universe pageant held in July 1986 in Panama City, Panama, Fichtner placed first in the preliminary competition, third in semifinal interview, first in swimsuit and second in evening gown, which allowed her to advance as one of the Top 5 finalists of the competition, finishing her participation in Miss Universe 1986 as first runner-up to eventual winner, Bárbara Palacios Teyde of Venezuela.
Life after Miss USA
After Hurricane Wilma damaged Cancún and its infrastructure in 2005, Fichtner, a frequent traveler to the area, revisited the tourist location in an effort to promote tourism: "The Cancún we love needs to be visited by Texans in order to return to what it once was."
- "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 29 November 2010.
- "Miss Texas USA crowned". The Dallas Morning News. July 30, 1985. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
The blonde-haired, green-eyed beauty who recently completed her freshman year at Southern Methodist University is 5-foot-8 and weighs 118 pounds.
- "Faces in the Yearbook". Greenwich Citizen. April 18, 2003. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
A beaming senior named Christy Fichtner.
- "A humble trek to stardom". Deseret News. January 23, 1995. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
He dated the prettiest girl in school, Christy Fichtner, who would later become Miss USA.Murphy, Brian (January 7, 1995). "Barton dressed down by the boys". The Press Democrat. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
Turns out Young's girlfriend all the way through junior high and high school was one Christy Fichtner, who eventually became Miss U.S.A. The Young family back in Connecticut donated the prom photo, which shows Young and Fichtner in full dance garb.
- "Celebrity Central". People. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
In 1986, after being crowned Miss Ohio USA, Berry comes in second place in the Miss USA contest and sixth in Miss World.
- "Venezuelan Miss Universe". The Fresno Bee. July 22, 1986. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
Miss Venezuela, Barbara Palacios Teyde, was crowned Miss Universe Monday night in Panama City, Panama, in a tropical finale viewed on television by more than half a billion people. Miss USA, Christy Fichtner of Dallas, finished first runner-up.
- Peppard, Alan (January 9, 2004). "Dad has long-distance disconnection". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
How revealing it is when reality television gives way to actual reality. Take the case of Dallasite and former Miss USA Christy Fichtner, who appeared in last summer's Who Wants to Marry My Dad? on NBC.
- Bark, Ed (September 12, 2004). "More Texas Connections". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
Christy Fichtner, Ex-Miss Texas and Miss USA was runner-up on the first edition of NBC's Who Wants to Marry My Dad.
- Iliff, Laurence (November 27, 2005). "Cancun calm after Hurricane Wilma". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
Dallasite Christy Fichtner, a former Miss USA, calculated that she had been to Cancun 18 times, including once earlier this year. No, it was not the same.
- Laurence Ilff; Lennox Samuels (November 16, 2005). "Cancún, Cozumel tourism on the mend after hurricane". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
The Cancún we love needs to be visited by Texans in order to return to what it once was," said Christy Fichtner, a former Miss USA and longtime Dallasite.
- Peppard, Alan (June 18, 1988). "Brides to celebrate in triplet". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
The fabulous Ms Fichtner and Gary Alhadef are waiting until October.
- "Dance Fever". People. May 27, 1996. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
Fichtner-Alhadef, until recently the host of a TV sports show, now lives in Dallas with her husband, Gary, a dentist, and their three sons.
- "Casting call for golf movie comes to town". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. August 11, 2003. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
Now it looks as if Christy, a divorced mother of three...
Media related to Christy Fichtner at Wikimedia Commons
|Awards and achievements|
Teresa Sánchez López
| Miss Universe 1st Runner-Up
| Miss USA
| Miss Texas USA