August 30, 1972|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||Southern Methodist University|
Christy A. Lemire (née Nemetz; born August 30, 1972) is a film critic formerly with the Associated Press (AP) and Ebert Presents at the Movies. She also co-hosted the weekly online movie review show, What The Flick?!
Lemire started writing film reviews for the AP in 1999 and moved to New York in 2000 as a general entertainment reporter. In 2004, she became the AP's first full-time film critic. In addition to her print work, Lemire has appeared on television shows including the Today Show and Good Morning America.
In 2003, she was a guest co-host on The View. Lemire made headlines when she and co-host Meredith Vieira shared a kiss in response to the Madonna and Britney Spears kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Lemire was ranked number 93 on the "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008".
Lemire made several appearances substituting for film critic Roger Ebert on At the Movies. When Ebert created his new film review program for public television, Ebert Presents: At The Movies, Lemire was selected as co-host of the program along with film critic Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Ebert Presents: at the Movies aired for a single season in 2011.
Born at the old Cedars of Lebanon Hospital (now Church of Scientology West Coast headquarters), Lemire grew up in Woodland Hills. She is a 1993 graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in journalism and is a member of the Delta Gamma sorority. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband Chris Lemire, a television producer, and son Nicolas, born in November 2009. She has described herself as a "lapsed Catholic".
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (31 August 2012). "Birthday fun is done! Thanks everyone for a fantastic day/week. I'm psyched to be 40. @ Larchmont Grill" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (30 August 2011). "@MichaelChiklis Happy birthday to a fellow Aug. 30ther. You, me, and Ted Williams' frozen head" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @christylemire (1 October 2010). "@EricCeleste I remember him from school ... tell him hi (I was Christy Nemetz back then). I recall him being the nicest guy ever" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Reasons For 2 AP Film Critics Resignations". Deadline.com. May 13, 2013.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (23 May 2013). "Upon the occasion of my last day with the AP ... @ Hancock Park" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Ward, Pat. "At The Movies With SMU Alumna Christy Lemire". SMU Magazine. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "What the Flick?!". Theyoungturks.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Panelists & Special Guests 2010". ebertfest.com. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Meet the Critics". Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Lemire, Christy (September 5, 2003). "'The View' joins celebrity kissing saga". USA Today.
- "'The View's' Lip Shtick". Fox News. December 1, 2011.
- "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008". Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- Channick, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Roger Ebert may cancel 'At the Movies' due to lack of funding". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (22 April 2010). "@harpo787reviews Delta Gamma. My sorority. I'm a dork" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- chris lemire [@chrisjlemire] (12 May 2013). "@christylemire enjoying a Mother's Day brunch in Palm Springs. Teaching our boy AP style as well" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Lemire, Christy (January 26, 2010). "Baby Mama: Film critic takes son to the theater". Boston.com. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Noah". Christy Lemire. Retrieved November 7, 2014.