August 30, 1972 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||Southern Methodist University|
Christy Lemire (born August 30, 1972) is a film critic formerly with the Associated Press (AP) and Ebert Presents at the Movies. She also co-hosts the weekly online movie review show, What The Flick?!.
Lemire started writing film reviews for the AP in 1999 and moved to New York in 2000 as a general entertainment reporter. In 2004, she became the AP's first full-time film critic. In addition to her print work, Lemire has appeared on television shows including the Today Show and Good Morning America.
In 2003, she was a guest co-host on The View. Lemire made headlines when she and co-host Meredith Vieira shared a kiss in response to the Madonna and Britney Spears kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Lemire was ranked number 93 on the "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008".
Lemire made several appearances substituting for film critic Roger Ebert on At the Movies. When Ebert created his new film review program for public television, Ebert Presents: At The Movies, Lemire was selected as co-host of the program along with film critic Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Ebert Presents: at the Movies aired for a single season in 2011.
A Los Angeles native, Lemire grew up in Woodland Hills. She is a 1993 graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in journalism and is a member of the Delta Gamma sorority. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband Chris Lemire, a television producer, and son Nicolas, born in November 2009. She has described herself as a "lapsed Catholic".
- "Christy Lemire on Twitter: "Birthday fun is done! Thanks everyone for a fantastic day/week. I'm psyched to be 40. @ Larchmont Grill http://t.co/fMBAom9P"". Twitter.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014. External link in
- "Welcome to Twitter - Login or Sign up". Twitter.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Reasons For 2 AP Film Critics Resignations". Deadline.com. May 13, 2013.
- "Christy Lemire on Twitter: "Upon the occasion of my last day with the AP ...". Twitter. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- Ward, Pat. "At The Movies With SMU Alumna Christy Lemire". SMU Magazine. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "What the Flick?!". Theyoungturks.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Panelists & Special Guests 2010". ebertfest.com. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Meet the Critics". Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Lemire, Christy (September 5, 2003). "'The View' joins celebrity kissing saga". USA Today.
- "'The View's' Lip Shtick". Fox News. December 1, 2011.
- "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008". Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- Channick, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Roger Ebert may cancel 'At the Movies' due to lack of funding". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "chris lemire on Twitter: "@christylemire enjoying a Mother's Day brunch in Palm Springs. Teaching our boy AP style as well. http://t.co/zEG7DZfWXo"". Twitter.com. Retrieved November 7, 2014. External link in
- Lemire, Christy (January 26, 2010). "Baby Mama: Film critic takes son to the theater". Boston.com. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Noah". Christy Lemire. Retrieved November 7, 2014.