Christy Lemire with Matt Sayles
Christy A. Nemetz
August 30, 1972
|Education||Southern Methodist University|
Christy A. Lemire (née Nemetz; born August 30, 1972) is an American film critic. She wrote for the Associated Press from 1999 to 2013 and was a co-host of Ebert Presents at the Movies in 2011. She also co-hosted the weekly online movie review show, What The Flick?!
Lemire started writing film reviews for the Associated Press in 1999 and moved to New York in 2000 as a general entertainment reporter. In 2004, she became the Associated Press' first full-time film critic. In addition to her print work, Lemire has appeared on television shows including the Today Show and Good Morning America.
In 2003, she was a guest co-host on The View. Lemire made headlines when she and co-host Meredith Vieira shared a kiss in response to the Madonna and Britney Spears kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Lemire was ranked number 93 on the "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008".
Lemire made several appearances substituting for film critic Roger Ebert on At the Movies. When Ebert created his new film review program for public television, Ebert Presents: At The Movies, Lemire was selected as co-host of the program along with film critic Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Ebert Presents: at the Movies aired for a single season in 2011.
She was one of the regular critics on the YouTube show What The Flick?! hosted on The Young Turks network, from 2010 to 2018. In August 2018, The Young Turks network canceled What The Flick?! along withPop Trigger and Nerd Alert to focus on news content. Lemire and fellow hosts Alonso Duralde, Ben Mankiewicz, and Matt Atchity continued the series as a podcast on Lemire's personal website under the new name, Breakfast All Day.
Born at the old Cedars of Lebanon Hospital (now Church of Scientology West Coast headquarters), Lemire grew up in Woodland Hills. She is a 1993 graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in journalism and is a member of the Delta Gamma sorority. When she lived in Brooklyn, she was neighbors with screenwriter Phil Johnston, who was attending the film MFA program at Columbia University.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (August 31, 2012). "Birthday fun is done! Thanks everyone for a fantastic day/week. I'm psyched to be 40. @ Larchmont Grill" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (August 30, 2011). "@MichaelChiklis Happy birthday to a fellow Aug. 30ther. You, me, and Ted Williams' frozen head" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @christylemire (October 1, 2010). "@EricCeleste I remember him from school ... tell him hi (I was Christy Nemetz back then). I recall him being the nicest guy ever" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Reasons For 2 AP Film Critics Resignations". Deadline.com. May 13, 2013.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (May 23, 2013). "Upon the occasion of my last day with the AP ... @ Hancock Park" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Ward, Pat. "At The Movies With SMU Alumna Christy Lemire". SMU Magazine. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "What the Flick?!". Theyoungturks.com. Archived from the original on July 27, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- "Panelists & Special Guests 2010". ebertfest.com. Archived from the original on July 16, 2013. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Meet the Critics". Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Lemire, Christy (September 5, 2003). "'The View' joins celebrity kissing saga". USA Today.
- "'The View's' Lip Shtick". Fox News. December 1, 2011.
- "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008". Retrieved December 25, 2008.
- Channick, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Roger Ebert may cancel 'At the Movies' due to lack of funding". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "TYT Network Cancels Three Digital Series and Lays Off Portion of Staff - VideoInk". VideoInk. August 28, 2018. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- "Breakfast All Day Podcast Archives". ChristyLemire.com. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Christy Lemire [@christylemire] (April 22, 2010). "@harpo787reviews Delta Gamma. My sorority. I'm a dork" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Breakfast All Day: Episode 018: A La Carte With Phil Johnston". bfastallday.libsyn.com. Retrieved December 9, 2019.
- chris lemire [@chrisjlemire] (May 12, 2013). "@christylemire enjoying a Mother's Day brunch in Palm Springs. Teaching our boy AP style as well" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Lemire, Christy (January 26, 2010). "Baby Mama: Film critic takes son to the theater". Boston.com. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- "Noah". Christy Lemire. Retrieved November 7, 2014.