|Genres||Hip hop, pop|
Lakefront Records (former)
Korland and Jamila Sims were born and raised in Vallejo, California. They attended both elementary and middle school there. In 2009, the siblings later moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana where they currently reside. They are both of Kenyan American descent as their mother is from Kenya and their father is from Indiana. The siblings got into writing and recording music as a hobby in summer 2006 when their mother suggested it as something they could do to pass time. They had both attended hip hop dance classes and were fond of hip hop music. The duo stated positive vibes in their lives play a big role behind the message of their music, in an interview with radio station WNHT.
The duo gained the majority of their following through YouTube and caught the eye of Malaysian independent label LakeFront Records in 2010. Chrome Cats signed with LakeFront Records in October 2010. Chrome Cats signing with LakeFront made them the first U.S. musicians ever to be signed to a Malaysian label. In 2011, the duo was featured on Music Connection as one of the top 25 artists signed that year. Chrome Cats then released an EP titled Rise in January 2011 which was featured on Delta and Continental's in-flight entertainment. In August 2012, Chrome Cats entered the Billboard charts for three weeks straight for the single "DNA of a Winner" which charted at number 42. On November 4, 2013, the duo released the video for the single "Best Life" which charted at number 36 on the Billboard charts in late January 2014. On January 22, 2015, the duo premiered the music video for their single "Worth It". On August 11, 2016, the duo released a music video for the single "We'll Be Fine" independently on Vevo. On September 13, 2018, the duo released the music video "Trouble" on Vevo.
- Rise EP (2010)
- Flight to Paradise (2013)
- "Chrome Cats visit Wild 96.3 | Video Youtube - NMETV Latest Music Videos and Clips". Nme.Com. Archived from the original on 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "New Music Weekly". New Music Weekly. Archived from the original on 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Kamal, Hizreen (2012-11-09). "Sounds of success - Showbiz - New Straits Times". Nst.com.my. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Chrome Cats on Music Connection". Lakefront Records. 2011-02-04. Archived from the original on 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2013-04-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2014-01-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Vevo [@Vevo] (11 August 2016). "Here's a feel good song for Thursday afternoon. Watch @chromecats' "We'll Be Fine":" (Tweet) – via Twitter. /