Chrome Hearts is a brand of high end silver jewelry which also produces gold, diamond accessories, leather, clothing, furniture, incense, and eyewear. Founded in 1988 in Los Angeles by Richard Stark, Chrome Hearts remains a made in USA operation and a family business. The production site covers three blocks in the middle of Hollywood. The brand makes nothing of chrome, and does not use hearts as a decorative symbol.
Richard Stark and friend John Bowman started the business in an L.A. garage in early 1988. Bowman was a manufacturer of leather goods, and Stark was selling top grade raw leathers. Stark explained: "We both rode bikes. We couldn't find jackets we really liked. So we made our own." The third partner in the business was master jeweler Leonard Kamhout, who used only sterling silver. The company's first job was costume design for Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, costarring a girlfriend of one of the Sex Pistols; Stark took the name of the brand from the working title of the movie. Stark and the other founders eventually had a falling-out, and they departed the brand. (In 1994 Leonard Kamhout and Devon Wheeler founded Lone Ones, a private custom jewelry atelier.) Laurie Lynn originally ordered a collection of leather swimsuits from the company, but later married Stark and joined as a partner. In 1996, Chrome Hearts opened the first boutique in 159 East 64th Street, Manhattan.
In March 2014 Chrome Hearts bought a minority stake in high-end knitwear brand The Elder Statesman. Chrome Hearts employed its hallmark silver accents in a customization of the iconic adidas Stan Smith in early 2016.
Bella Hadid used to visit the factory in LA as a teenager and collaborated with the brand on a 40-piece apparel and accessories collection released in 2017. The CHROME HEARTS x BELLA collection debuted at Paris Fashion Week, and is sold exclusively at Selfridges. Bella's sister Gigi Hadid has modeled for the brand.
Bono, Steven Tyler, Elton John, Karl Lagerfeld, Jaye Muller, Kanye West, Cher, Kate Hudson, Carine Roitfeld, Britney Spears, Fergie, Lebron James and many other famous celebrities are fans of the brand. Slash, Sebastian Bach, and Melt-Banana have played music in the Chrome Hearts office space.
- US: New York City, Los Angeles, Malibu, Las Vegas, Honolulu, Miami 
- Asia: Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Kobe, Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul, Busan, Beijing, Hangzhou 
- Europe: Paris, London, Manchester 
Awards and honors
- T.S. Fox, Chrome Hearts Introduces Its Own Incense Hypebeast May 4, 2016
- Precision Watches & Jewelry, CHROME HEARTS EYEWEAR: A SHORT HISTORY August 15, 2016
- Chrome Hearts LLC bloomberg.com
- Rosemary Feitelberg, Chrome Hearts Opens Second New York City Store in the West Village Women's Wear Daily, April 12, 2017
- Chrome Hearts 10th Anniversary Collection, Eugene Kan, January 11, 2010
- Jake Shears, TWO CHROME HEARTS THAT BEAT AS ONE Paper 03/14/2012
- MAXWELL WILLIAMS, STARK CONTRAST: CHROME HEARTS V magazine July 14, 2016
- Genevieve Buck, Chrome Hearts: Leader Of The Pack Chicago Tribune, August 19, 1992
- Asaf Rotman, Surfaced: Chrome Hearts Grailed July 27, 2016
- Lone Ones P&T Trading
- "Chrome Hearts Remixes 2002 Rolling Stones Collaboration". WWD. December 1, 2016. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "COMME des GARÇONS x Chrome Hearts Collection". hypebeast. November 29, 2007. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- Ruano, L. (July 12, 2010). "Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation x Chrome Hearts Sneakers". Hypebeast. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- David Fischer, Chrome Hearts x Rick Owens Sneakers Highsnobiety May 26, 2010
- Lisa Wang, With Shared Artisan Ethos, Chrome Hearts Invests in The Elder Statesman businessoffashion.com MARCH 31, 2014
- Cheng, Zarah (January 2016). "Chrome Hearts x adidas Originals Stan Smith". Hypebeast. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- NAKISKA, TEMPE (May 19, 2017). "FAMILY AFFAIR: Bella Hadid talks us through her collection for Chrome Hearts". Hero. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- YOTKA, STEFF (March 1, 2017). "Bella Hadid's Chrome Hearts Collab Will Debut at Paris Fashion Week". Vogue. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- ELLA ALEXANDER, Bella Hadid talks us through her debut fashion collection for Chrome Hearts Harper's BAZAAR 16 May 2017
- Natalie Theodosi, Bella Hadid x Chrome Hearts Makes London Debut at Selfridges Women's Wear Daily, May 12, 2017
- @chromeheartsofficial on Instagram
- Official page, USA
- Official page, Asia
- Official page, Europe
- There’s just no place like Chrome MICHELLE DALTON TYREE, Japan Times, DEC 30, 1999
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Los Angeles–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|