|Founded||January 24, 2018|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California|
|Stephen Gillett (CEO)|
Mike Wiacek (CSO)
Will Robinson (CTO)
Ben Heben (CFO)
Jan Kang (CLO)
Rick Caccia (CMO)
Chronicle Security is a cybersecurity company which is part of the Google Cloud Platform. Chronicle is a cloud service, built as a specialized layer on top of core Google infrastructure, designed for enterprises to privately retain, analyze, and search the massive amounts of security and network telemetry they generate.
The company began as a product by X, but became its own company in January 2018. Chronicle creates tools for businesses to prevent cybercrime on their platforms. Chronicle announced "Backstory" at RSA 2019 in March, adding log capture and analysis to the family of products that include VirusTotal, and UpperCase which provide threat intelligence (Known Malicious IPs and URLs). Backstory claims to "Extract signals from your security telemetry to find threats instantly," by combining log data with threat intelligence.
- "Chronicle - Company". Chronicle.
- Conger, Kate (25 January 2018). "Alphabet Launched A Moonshot Cybersecurity Company That Sounds Like Every Other Cybersecurity Company". Gizmodo Australia. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Bhardwaj, Prachi (24 January 2018). "Google's parent company just announced a new project to give the digital world 'an immune system'". Business Insider. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Chronicle - Backstory". Chronicle.
- Kurian, Thomas (27 June 2019). "Google Cloud + Chronicle: The security moonshot joins Google Cloud".
- "Google Cloud: Autonomic Security Operations".