This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Total views||31 billion|
Updated: June 2021
ChuChu TV is an Indian network of YouTube channels which creates content for children's edutainment, the most popular channel having over 45.1 million subscribers  which makes it the ninth most subscribed YouTube channel in India and the thirteenth most subscribed YouTube channel overall, as well as having over 29 billion video views. ChuChu TV consists of various YouTube channels for children that are dedicated towards creating 2D and 3D animation videos of traditional nursery rhymes with an incorporation of peppy music and a modern day aesthetic in them.
In 2014, the channel released "Phonics Song with Two Words" which has received over 3.4 billion views (making it the site's 13th most viewed video), and "Johny Johny Yes Papa and 2 more videos with over 1 billion views as of January 2021[update]. In 2015, the channel released "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" which has received 1.1 billion views on YouTube.
The other channels operated by ChuChu TV are ChuChu TV Hindi with 6.65 million subscribers, ChuChu TV Bedtime Stories with 1.9 million subscribers, ChuChu TV Tamil with 2.64 million subscribers, ChuChu TV Bangla with 1.84 million subscribers, ChuChu TV Telugu with 430 thousand subscribers and ChuChu School Learning Videos with 72.4 thousand subscribers. There are also 4 other channels but on January 6, 2021, their subscribers combined with the official channel ChuChu TV, as a result giving them 10 million subscribers in a second and another 3 million in a second on the next day.
ChuChu TV's founder, CEO and creative director — Vinoth Chandar — posted the channel's first video on YouTube, basing the main character ChuChu on his three-year-old daughter. The first video, titled "Chubby Cheeks", received over three hundred thousand views in two weeks. After the video's success, Chandar decided to invest in his channel and convinced his partners Krishnan, Ajith Togo, Subbiramanian and Suresh to join the venture. Late in October 2015, another YouTube channel called ChuChu TV Surprise was launched to cater to kids who are 4-6 years old, which has since received an encouraging response globally with over 2 billion views and 5 million subscribers at present. One third of ChuChu TV's views come from the United States and India. ChuChu TV has about 200 employees.
In 2016, ChuChu TV announced a partnership with DreamTheatre for the purpose of licensing and merchandising. The merchandise revolves around categories like Toys, Games, Apparel, Home ware, and Publishing. The products are expected to release in July 2018; the launch starting from India, thereby making its way to Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
ChuChu TV has since been awarded Ten YouTube "Silver Play Buttons", for gaining over 100,000 subscribers on its channels, Six YouTube "Gold Play Buttons", for its channels crossing over 1,000,000 subscribers, and One "Diamond Play Button", for surpassing 10 million subscribers on the channel "ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes & Songs". The brand has achieved 'Silver Play Button' for their main channel and its 9 sub channels namely Surprise, Spanish, Portuguese, Funzone, Story time, French, Hindi, Tamil and Bangla. Also, their Spanish, Portuguese, Surprise, Hindi, Funzone and Nursery Rhymes channels received 'Gold Play Button' for crossing 1,000,000 subscribers.
ChuChu TV has its AVOD streaming app "ChuChu TV Lite" on the App Store and Google Play. ChuChu TV launched the Pro version of its app on 13 November 2017. "ChuChu TV Pro" is an SVOD app available on the App Store and Google Play which enables users to download and watch videos offline. The ChuChu TV Pro app also has hundreds of learning activities and game for toddlers.
- "About thechuchutv". YouTube.
- "ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs". YouTube. 20 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "250 most subscribed YouTube channels from India".
- "Top 1000 Most Viewed YouTube Videos of All Time". ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes. YouTube. 28 December 2019. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- "Phonics Song with TWO Words - A For Apple - ABC Alphabet Songs with Sounds for Children". ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes. YouTube. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Johny Johny Yes Papa and Many More Videos". ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes. YouTube. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Surprise Eggs Nursery Rhymes Old MacDonald Had A Farm Learn Colours & Farm Animals". ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes. YouTube. 21 September 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "ChuChu TV wields rhyme and reason to conquer YouTube". LiveMint.
- "How to Get One Billion Views on YouTube: Read the Comments and Spend Time With Your Kids". Gadgets 360. NDTV.
- Madrigal, Alexis (November 2018). "Raised by YouTube". The Atlantic. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "ChuChu TV's new consumer products biz expects 8 ro 10 percent as royalty". Indian Television. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Bharathan, Bijoy (2 August 2017). "Local edutainment channel mulls merchandising route". DT Next. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Balachandran, Manu (3 August 2017). "An Indian dad turned his daughter's favourite nursery rhymes into a million-dollar business on YouTube". Quartz India. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- Kalyanasundaram, Abinaya (10 November 2017). "Dad corners market on kids' entertainment with 10 million subscribers". New Indian Express. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Lyer, Sairaj (14 November 2017). "Vinoth Chandar: The sensational YouTube dad behind ChuChu TV's wheels". Sify Finance. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Horton, James (17 February 2015). "MyChuChu Coloring Book". State of Tech. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Amazon Prime Video ties up with kids content creator ChuChu TV". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Now, watch ChuChu TV Studios' kids content ad-free exclusively on Amazon Prime". ET Brand Equity. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "YouTube Kids launched in India, offers safe videos for children". India Today. Retrieved 9 November 2016.