The Chuck Bednarik Award is presented annually to the defensive player in college football adjudged by the Maxwell Football Club to be the best in the United States. The award is named for Chuck Bednarik, a former college and professional American football player. Voters for the Maxwell College Awards are NCAA head college football coaches, members of the Maxwell Football Club, and sportswriters and sportscasters from across the country. The Maxwell Club is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the presentations are held in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Club members are given voting privileges for the award.
- ^ "Manning, Woodson earn football honors". Ocala Star-Banner. Associated Press. December 12, 1997. p. 3C. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- ^ "Posluszny wins the Bednarik Award". Beaver County Times. December 9, 2005. p. B1. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- ^ "LSU's Patrick Peterson wins Chuck Bednarik, Jim Thorpe awards". The Times-Picayune. December 9, 2010. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- ^ "LSU has big night as college football awards are handed out". USA Today. Associated Press. December 9, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- ^ Scheuring, Ian. "Manti Te'o wins Maxwell, Bednarik, Walter Camp player-of-the-year awards". Hawaii News Now. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- ^ "Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald Wins Bednarik Award". Associated Press. December 12, 2013. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- ^ "Arizona LB Scooby Wright wins Chuck Bednarik Award". USA Today. Associated Press. December 11, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- ^ "Temple's Tyler Matakevich wins Bednarik Award for defense". USA Today. Associated Press. December 10, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- ^ "Alabama defensive lineman Allen wins Bednarik Award". Yahoo Sports. Associated Press. December 8, 2016. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- ^ "Minkah Fitzpatrick also takes home Chuck Bednarik Award". Bamaonline.com. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 7, 2017.