Chuck Garvey performing with moe. on May 25, 2008
|Origin||New Hartford, NY|
|Years active||1989 – present|
Ha Ha the Moose
All Thumbs Trio
Chuck Garvey is one of two guitarists for the American rock band moe.. His playing has been influenced by Frank Zappa, Mick Ronson, David Bowie, Pete Townshend, Andy Summers, Jimi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaughan. He currently lives in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
Garvey is one of the founding members of moe. along with Rob Derhak. Both first played a Halloween show at a friend's request in 1989 with drummer Ray Schwartz. Since then, Garvey has been co-guitarist of the band along with Al Schnier.
- "You want Moe jams, you’ve got Moe jams" by Joel Francis, Kansas City Star June 1, 2006
- Dennis Cook. "moe. Deep; A Chat with Chuck Garvey". Retrieved 2006-12-15.
- "Touring takes toll, but moe. sees payoffs, like Red Rocks" by Mark Brown, Rocky Mountain News June 2, 2006
- "Band history at moe.links.com". Archived from the original on 2006-07-13.
- Isaac Josephson. "Chuck Garvey: On Tin Cans, Car Tires and moe.mentum". Archived from the original on 2006-08-21. Retrieved 2006-12-15.
- "Jam band moe. weathers blizzard, tendinitis" by Chris Jordan, Asbury Park Press October 21, 2006
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|